Chapter 62. Working things out

Kit's POV

I was actually pretty nervous when i asked him to tell me about his parents. The look on his face told me he already was really unsure about his past situation, however when i said that i wanted to know because he was my new friend he was so much more confident and didn't hesistate to nod and smile, genuinly might i add. I don't think Earth actually has a lot of close friends or he does and really values the ones he has. I really want to help Earth, and i hope i can get him to sleep like yesterday even after we leave. We only have 3 days and i have to make the most out of it but i have to remind myself to also treat him as a friend and not as a patient. 

When we got in the car i wanted to sit in the backseat with Earth but for some reason he wanted to sit on my lap in the passenger seat? I don't know if it's safe but i just let him, the car ride only takes about 10-15 minutes anyways Ming told me, so i had to get as much as i could out of the time we had which made me quite nervous. I had to ask him the right questions and make sure not to overdo anything. I glanced over at Ming and he nodded at me with a smile that really calmed my nerves. Ming drove us out of the gate and the session was starting.

"Sooo. N'Earth, where did you live before you came here to P'Ming?"

"Pathum Tani. I think it was called. Not sure." Pathum Tani is only a district up north, Ming's parents live close to Nonthaburi. (A/N. I have no knowledge of Thailand's geography so apologies)

"Who did you live there with?"

"Mama, Papa and...P'Kaeng..." His voice went low and broke when pronouncing that name, that nobody has mentioned to me before.

"Who is P'Kaeng? Do P'Nat and P'Anne know him?" He nodded his head and grabbed my hand, playing with my fingers as he continued talking.

"P'Kaeng is my brother, but he passed away..."

"Earth..." I sympathetically breathed out, wanting to comfort him. I wrapped my arms closer around his waist. "Earth, you've been such a strong boy haven't you.I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad to have a friend as strong as you." I was trying desperately to keep myself from crying. I didn't want Earth to think i was having Pity on him. I wasn't pitying him, i was empathizing with him. He was, no is genuinly strong. Separated from his parents and losing his brother.

"I'm happy you're my friend P'. P'Ming. P'Kit. Please don't leave me like P'Kaeng. Please." He was grabbing my hand and wiping his eyes with them. Ming looked over and he had the same sad look in his eyes as me. He wiped the stray tear from his little brothers cheek and i got out the hankerchief from my pocket so he could blow his stuffy nose.

"We won't ever leave you Earth. I might not be at home because of school, but i'll always be with you, so will P'Kit and Mae, Pa and P'Kim are also always with you, we're your family Earth. We won't abandon you." I just put my head next to him so Earth could see me nod in agreement and i gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and turned awkwardly to hug my neck. We have already come so far. For him to tell me about the fact he had a brother that died and that in just a 10 minute ride. I know i shouldn't push it but i had 1 more question, just so i could end the P'Kaeng subject.

"Earth. Can i just ask you 1 more teeny tiny thingy?" He rubbed his eyes with his sleeve and nodded. I unbuckled the seatbelt as Ming parked so Earth could lean on me a bit more comfortably.

"Do you know what happened to P'Kaeng? Was he sick?" Earth's eyes started getting glossy again and he hid in my chest. 

"Earth, I'm sorry. I'm asking too much. Please don't be angry with P' na." I rub his back and apologize to him, i knew i shouldn't have pushed it.