Chapter 70. My Dad

Wayo's POV

The video ended but another clip started playing right after. This time it was just P'Ben in a room in front of the camera, nobody else. And it looks like it has been filmed just a few days ago. After the initial shock of finding out our servant is my actual dad, i tried to focus on the video again. P'Pha put me to sit in between his legs as he stroked my head and cooed me to calm me down after my shock. 

"So. where should i start. This is pretty awkward for me to be fair." P'Ben started talking in the video with an awkward giggle.

"Hi Yo, Dad here? If i'm right you should've found out the truth by now. I planned to give you this video later as a graduation gift so you could find out and i would be there to see your reaction. Unfortunately, Your "father" informed me that i will go with him to America. He wants to take you with him, but i know that you rather wouldn't. You found yourself some good friends that i know you will keep for the rest of your life, you still have your best friend with you. I'm really glad i got to see you grow up together with Nong Ming, i hope you'll continue to watch out for each other. If i know Yo as good as i think, he will watch this with his friends with him so...Nong Ming, you might've thought of me as just a servant, but i see you just as much as a son of my own. The amount of times you have broken vases and plates at the house and i had to replace them are too many."

I noticed Ming chuckle to himself, Ming never thought of P'Ben as just a servant. He knew how well P'Ben and the other staff took care of me. They always watched Ming with glimmering eyes as well. The only person who visited my house for me instead of my dad. Ming liked to joke around with the staff when he was younger and i remember how many times P'Ben told me he kept getting headaches when Ming would come around but never made Ming feel unwelcomed.

"And now my little Yo has a boyfriend, and i think he is a keeper. After everything you've been through in the past, if you were able to forgive him. I know it is something you have been thinking about instead of acting on a whim. You're a smart boy, i know your choices are good ones. Nong Phana, i'm saying right now that Yo has not made a mistake by choosing you. Prove me wrong and you'll regret it. I might be old and in a different country by now but when i visit and find out you did my little boy wrong, i'll take you over my knee." He pointed at the camera making the 'i'm watching you' signings with his hands.

P'Pha pulled me back into his chest and put his head resting on my shoulder, i looked over and saw him pouting.

"What's wrong?" I asked him in a soft whisper as i put my hand on his cheek.

"Why does everyone think that i am going to treat you wrong." He answered sadly.

"P'Pha, it's not you. Basically every parent or best friend says that. It's not really to warn you. It's more to let the me know that they are always at my side. But i know you always treat me right." I say patting his cheek, ignoring the fact that calling P'Ben my parent went easier than expected. P'Pha turned his head to face me and gave me a quick smile before kissing me on my cheek and putting his arms around me as we continued to watch the video.

"Now as for your 'father'. He isn't your real father and i'm glad he isn't. After Jen passed away, Bas focused only on his work. Just so he can distract himself from his wife, she already knew this would happen when she was sick. However your father never found out i was your biological father, he always thought that he was. So to see a man just ignore his own son just because of his own grief, it doesn't make sense to me." I could see P'Ben actually get upset, which didn't happen a lot.

"I guess you must be pretty mad at me. I never told you the truth even though i had all the opportunities to. When you were born i asked Jen if she could find me a job at your house so i could always watch you and take care of you, she was skeptical at first since she didn't want Bas to find out but she didn't want to keep me away from you. Even until now, your mother has always been my best friend and she gave me the greatest gift i could ask for, You."