Chapter 55. Our Future

Beam's POV

I open the door and my eardrums almost burst. Not only were my parent's screaming and cheering. Almost everyone in my family was here and even Forth's family was gathered here. I never saw anyone's car? How did they all get here? But besides that, the house was decorated completely. Balloons, Slings, Wreaths and drapes everywhere. Our parents run up to us and i feel the air being pushed out of my lungs.

"MAE! PA! GET OFF ME I'm DYING!" I try to shout out and they give me and Forth some space.

"Sorry honey but we're just so happy."

"My baby boy is already getting married. I'm getting old." Forth's mom chimed in.

"You're already old Ma."

"Forth! Cut your old mother some slack!" His dad says and he gets a nasty glare from Forth's mom. Leaving Forth and his dad laughing.

"But when did you guys set this up?" I ask looking at all the decorations.

"Well...we actually planned this the morning you called us, saying you will come over. But we placed the decorations at N'Forths place. So when you messaged me that you were coming here first..."

"...Your mom turned us into slaves to move the party to our house."

"YOU SET THIS UP IN AN HOUR?!" Me and Forth shouted in suprise in unison.

"Mhm"  Our moms nodded proudly and me and Forth are taken aback by their efforts. Well the efforts the others put in when our mom's did all the commanding.

"Now, Lets see that ring son!" My mom rubbed her hands in excitement. I blushed and showed her the ring on my hand that Forth was holding. My mom squeeled and repeatedly used my dad as a punching bag. My mom likes to hit things...or people when she is excited. My dad isn't a fan, we tried getting her out of this habbit but nothing worked. So he just gave up and acknowledged it as a part of his life.

"By the way Forth, you never told us excactly how you got your injuries."

'Oh god, why did they bring this up!' I told Forth to tell his mom he got injured, broke a bone and got some stitches. The scar on his forehead and the plaster on his leg weren't something we could hide so it was best to just tell them about it. However. We did not tell them that Forth drove the car and we were both hospitalized, i know my mom. She will blame Forth for being a careless driver and get into some cat fight with Forth's mom. Both of them are really strongheaded and will not back down, My dad would probably take away my car and Forth's dad would either do the same or take his bike away. I am also not planning to tell them the same thing almost happened today. I will inform the police about it but not my parents.

"Fell down the stairs at school." Really Forth? That's the best thing you could think of.

"You're such a careless idiot. Watch your steps next time, what if you bumped into someone and injured them as well." His dad said and our other parents nodded in agreement. Wait? They actually believe this stupid excuse! I should've lied more as a kid if i knew my parents were this gullible. Luckily my only injury are my ribs. My arm is basically all better and my head is A O.K.

After our moms ask us endless questions about our life at school...and unfortunately in the bedroom, our dads have pity on us and drag the ladies away. I released a breath i didn't even know i was holding in and Forth just laughed, i joined him in. Thinking about the stupid Q&A our mom's were having with us and this big doofus that i'm going to marry standing next to me.

We greeted our family members, i introduced them all to Forth, some people actually thought Forth was going to be a girl until today. My mom did not inform them well enough. Anyways, i introduced my family to Forth and he introduced me to his side of the family. Forth's family really isn't that different from mine and you could see them getting along pretty swell. Aunties gossipping together, our moms looking at baby pictures and talking about the past like old people do. Our dads just looking at them in slight amusement and some dissapointment as they drink a bit and of course all our little cousins playing in the backyard jumping around. Guess i won't see 'him' today...