Chapter 60. Another Brother

Start from the beginning

"Mae what are you talking about?" I ask and she smiles looking at Simon.

"Don't worry, Ray here is really picky about the one he dates so you must be good for him if he allows you to meet us. So don't worry about leaving a good impression because you already achieved that, plus if you'd be my drinking buddy it would be a pretty good bonus."

"Dear lord save me from this woman.."

"Nat! Don't underestimate my drunk hearing! I could even hear N'Forth fart a few minutes ago." Everyone now looks at Forth who is frozen with a lifted spoon and his mouth open.

Forth looked at me and mouthed something along the lines of "She's a fucking drunk wizard." I clapped my hands over my mouth to stop myself from crying out loud from laughter.

"Hey! It would be nice to bring me along, we could have some lady time together." Forth's mom said which made my mom squeel, and she regretted it instantly when she started rubbing her temples.

We ate our fills in comfortable silence and then our parents started talking to each other busy in their own little bubble. My brother and Forth decided to be the ones to be the dishes and i was there left with Simon, but it's not awkward at all. I actually get along pretty well with Simon. He likes teasing my brother the same way i like to tease my friends and Forth.

"But Nong Beam i have some good news and some less good news." Simon said as he looked around.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked nervously and he stood up, took hold of my arm and dragged me towards the balcony outside of the living room.

"Why did you need to drag me? You could've asked me to walk P'!" I say and flick his forehead.

"Ouch! Sorry okay but i need to tell you this privately..."

"Your parents don't know do they? About the accident."

"Oh i get it, did you find out something?"

"Yeah, my friends at the office told me they arrested him already. He really wasn't that smart, the car he used was registered under his name and he parked it right outside of his house."Simon let out a chortle. "If he wanted to hit and run atleast get a car that isn't registered under your name or at least hide the car and change adress, it's like he's never done this before."

"But...was it the actual person?"

"Yeah it was. He confessed to it at the station."

"Who was it? Why did he target us?"

"His name was...hold on..." He grabs a piece of paper from his jean pocket and gives it to me.

"Sakullerdpasuk 'Film' Natpathara. 19 Years old. Chiang Mai University." Film? None of my friends or classmates have that nickname, besides he goes to a different university than me so how would we have met? I'm always on campus and never visited Chiang Mai University.

"Sorry i'm still not good at pronouncing names so i wrote it down."

"It's okay." Simon got another piece of paper out of his pockey only this time it was a picture, a picture of a boy around my age.

"That's him."

"But i don't know him, i've never even seen him."

"I made them do some detailed research with the help of Ray's people. He actually went to your school for a year. But dropped out this year."

"Still, i have never met him." I shook my head frantically as i couldn't think of a reason why a stranger that went to my school last year would try to hurt me now.