Two And A Half Years Later

Start from the beginning

"Geez calm down Naruto I ment it as a complement." Jirayah said.

Minato ran over and hugged Naruto tightly. Naruto was taken back by this and he looked at Minato. His once happy eyes were dull...almost lifeless. But they flickered and he looked at him.

"Dad...," Naruto askes.

"Yes son. It's me. Your so tall." Minato pulled away and looked at him.

"Thanks. I guess I did grow, I haven't noticed it much." Naruto said calmly.

Kakashi was surprised. Naruto wasn't as excited to see them as he imagined. Sakura thought this too. Minato did as well. In fact something was off with Naruto. None could place their finger on it, maybe a question to ask Jirayah later on.

The group walked to the tower and headed for the office. On the way there, villagers glared heavily. Not happy once again be in the presence of Naruto. They walked to he door and knocked.

"Come in." Tsunade's voice rang from the other side.

Jirayah opened and he along with the cloaked teen walked in, behind them was Kakashi Minato and Sakura. Tsunades face lit with excitment.

"It's been awhile you two." Tsunade stood and hugged Jirayah.

She went to hug Naruto but Naruto backed away slightly.

"Don't hug me." Naruto said lowly.

"How was your time together?" She asked.

"It was fine. Just fine." Jirayah smiled happily. "His skill improved greatly. He has been obedient. But uh, a little distant. He isn't much of a talker now." Jirayah explained.

"Really now? Can't be to sure if you improved unless put to the test, how about it Naruto?" Tsunade smiled.

Naruto looked at her and she got chills down her spine.

"No thanks. I don't want to waste my time." Naruto walked towards the door.

Kakashi and Minato moved out of his way and watched as he left. All eyes were on Jirayah and the smiles dropped.

"What the hell happened to him?" Tsunade asked with concern.

"...sit down, this is gonna be a long story." Jirayah took a seat and so did everyone else.

Tsunade nodded and sat down herself in her chair and looked at Jirayah, giving him her full attention. "I'm all ears."

"It started a year ago. We were training and I wasn't going at all easy on him shoving him to the limit everyday without a break. The thing I was trying to train him to control was his anger and the nine tails chakra. "Jirayah sounds stressed. "I loosened his seal slightly and he lost it...i-i saw something I wish I hadn't and I took a while but I got close enough to tighten the seal. He said he tried his best to withstand this but couldn't. He ran a muck, covered in blood and twisted chakra. Turns out rhat chakra harms him...if he keeps using it. At the stage I saw, it will soften his life. It heals and inflicts harm at the same time. It also affects his mental state. He almost killed me. And that's when it happened. He swore not to get close to anyone." Jirayah said." And he always keeps his word. The only thing he wants to do is save Sasuke put it behind him. And get on with life." Jirayah looked down.

Kakashi felt his heart sink. The words not wanting to get close hit him hard. Kakashi stood and walked for Naruto. He ran out and caughtup with the boy. The other sighed. And continued to talk.

Kakashi smiled at Naruto "heya. Wanna get some ramen?" Kakashi asked.

"Not hungry." Naruto mumbled.

"Naruto look at me." Kakashi lightly placed a hand on Naruto's shoulder.

Naruto slowly moved just out Of Kakashi's reach and turned to face him, taking off his hood. His eyes weren't lively. They were dead. Kakashi frowned at seeing this.

"Naruto. I get you almost killed Jirayah but you didn't mean too. You don't have to...isolate yourself like this. It's not healthy. It will only make things worse." Kakashi stated worryingly.

"...what do you know about it?" Naruto growled.

"Because I've done that. I killed my best friend. My comrad. And I avoided everyone but the pain only grew worse...it doesn't help. It's makes it worse" Kakashi said.

"Just stay away from me...I don't need you to lecture me, i had a long trip." Naruto turned the other way and walked home. 

Naruto left Kakashi alone, and shocked, Naruto walked home, and entered his house, seeing the place he hasn't been in for two and a half years. He walked to his room and opened it, to find nothing was touched. He coughed lightly, the dust build up was major. He walked to his window and opened it. He fanned the dust out and spent an hour dusting everything. Once finished he looked at himself in the mirror and sighed. He grabbed a kunai and cut his hair to its casual height and smiled weakly. Naruto threw his jacked off, only wearing a short sleeved shirt and jeans now. His arms were scarred badly. All up and down were straight lines. Some were fresh cuts, some old and scabbed, the rest were scars. Naruto took his shirt off, more scars were shown, them from fights he endured while training and enemy encounters.

Naruto laid down and closed his eyes. He shakily exhaled and teared up.

"..." He cried silently. Thinking quietly to himself.

It's just until I can control it...I'm so sorry Kakashi...please don't take it personally.