Sand and Fire

*Naruto's POV*

I walked into the room the other contestants are waiting to battle. I smiled and Shikamaru was next, Temari was his opponent. I sat back and watched them fight, it was skilled, thought out, both being very smart tactical people. I looked over my shoulder to see Gaara. He freaks me put kinda...His eyes, they remind me of Kurama.

Gaara walked over to me and motioned for me to follow him. He stood and hesitantly made my way behind him, us walking away and out of sight from the others. We walked down a few stairs before he turned around and eyed me.

"You have a Demon like mine. I heard about the prison and the bloodbath you caused from the surrounding Anbu and prisoners." Gaara spoke." I want you to join me...with me you won't have to fear anyone. I know how you feel and together we can really feel alive and kill those who think we are monsters..." Gaara spoke and got very close to me and his eyes showed loneliness...like mine." Your eyes...they are like mine. Sad, lonely, and raged. Sasuke has those eyes as well, but he doesn't know out pain. We should kill him  for trying to share those eyes. Luckily I am matched against him and I want you to attack and help me kill him." Gaara spoke in a low, calm, by anxious voice.

I shuddered at the thought and backed away from him, his bloodlust was awful. I eyed him as if he was crazy and I gave him a traumatized look...it was traumatizing to even think of killing for fun. I already endured it with Kurama. I don't want to see blood again...just being reminded made me feel sick to my stomach.

"You did a great job with your opponent, im proud." A familiar voice spoke.

I turned my head to see a smiling kakashi. I couldn't help but tear up.

*Kakashi's POV*

I saw him with the Sand Village's Jinchuriki and I smiled, gaining his attention as I spoke. He teared up and ran into my arms. I looked at Gaara and saw him give me a terrible look. I only chose to ignore it.

"I missed you Naruto. I'm sorry I left without telling you  I was pushed into training Sasuke." Kakashi said.

"I-its fine..." Naruto smiled and I wiped away his tears of joy.

I walked him back into the room with everyone and laid on the couch that was in there and Nartuo sat next to me and rested his head on my chest. I smiled softly under my mask and laid there, wrapping an arm around Naruto's body.

I looked at his blonde hair and dusted it clean, pulling rocks and dirt from it. He seemed to be drifting asleep almost, probably tired from his fight. I looked at his calm, adorable face as he slept and blushed slightly, sadly Sasuke grabbed me eyes from Naruto.

"Kakashi why are you looking at him like that?" Sasuke asked, confused.

"Oh uh...making sure he wasn't hurt anywhere and stuff...heh." I said awkwardly.

"How has he been?" Sasuke asked and sat down in a chair, after he pulled it in front of us.

"No clue...I was training you and hadn't heard anything from anyone about it. Nor have I seen the Anbu from the prison." Kakashi stated. "Perhaps Jirayia knows, I'll ask him about it later." i said.

"He looks awful." Sasuke said and looked at Naruto's exhausted face.

"Yeah...looks like he hasn't gotten any sleep in days." Kakashi spoke. "Or eaten...I'll take him for ramen after the Exams." I shrugged.

Sasuke sighed and walked off after awhile and left me with him.

*3rd Person POV*

Kakashi sat with Naruto for thirty minutes before Nartuo jolted awake from a disturbing dream. Kakashi asked Naruto what he saw but Naruto refused to talk about it, obviously disturbed greatly by it.

Naruto walked off to stretch his legs and saw Gaara...looking at him with a stern look. Naruto remembered what he said and shuddered.

"Well? Will you help me kill him?" Gaara asked.

"..." Naruto shook his head no.

"If you won't...I will kill you." Gaara growled.

Naruto backed up only to step in sand and it coiled around Naruto's body weakly...but Naruto knew it was a huge threat, knowing what Gaara can do with his chakra. Naruto looked down and his eyes flickered red...and went to a dull blue. The sand around him lit fire and Gaara eyed him. Naruto looked forwards.

"No...now stay away..." Naruto walked off, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Hey! I'm not done with you!" Gaara growled and yanked Naruto by the arm.

Naruto's mad eyes stabbed into the ones Gaara had, that mirrored Naruto's eyes. They both glared and Kakashi eyed them. Naruto suddenly hugged Gaara and Gaara was shocked.

"You are much more then this..." Naruto mumbled." I know how you feel...I know it's painful...in know you feel like you should die....I know you are confused...and probably ask this question. Why was I brought into this life, when all they do is treat me like I should be dead?" Naruto spoke softly, staring depressingly at the ground in front of him  as he hugged Gaara tightly.

Gaara was wide eyed...He felt tears brimming his eyes and he growled.

"I KILL TO LIVE! DON'T TRY AND TRICK ME LIKE THE OTHERS! WHAT WILL I DO IF I STOP KILLING! HOW CAN I MAKE PEOPLE LOVE ME!? HOW CAN I HEAL THIS WOUND IN MY HEART!?" Gaara yelled.

Sand wrapped aroun Naruto's body and began to slowly crush him. Kakashi and everyone pulled out weapons and ran to Gaara and Naruto.

"GAARA PUT HIM DOWN!" Kakashi growled.

"Thats simple..." Naruto then smiled sweetly and kindly, tearing up as he put on his fake happy smile, but Gaara found it believable "Be more like me."

Gaara flinched and the Sand fell limp onto the ground.

"All you have to do...is smile...and help those who hurt you...and show them your real self. You are not a monster. Your a kid, a human being like me...and all you have to do is prove them wrong. Believe it." Naruto held a thumb up, speaking like a moral coach who helps keep those down happy and pumped with life.

Gaara felt tears fall down his face and he felt them...surprised he was crying. Naruto hugged Gaara as Gaara let out his pint up emotions, sobbing lightly.

"I'm so sorry...for what I've done." Gaara cried.

Kankuro watched in awe...unable to believe what he was hearing. Naruto had brought him from the dark grips of haterid...and loneliness.

The fight ended, Temari won, shikamaru gave in and gave up, a smart choice on his part, impressing the crowd and Kage. Kakashi watched Naruto, and smiled softly.

Your one of a kind...that's one if the reasons why I care for him dearly...I wish Minato could see this...Naruto is able to make friends with almost everyone he meets...Naruto Uzumaki is the best ninja in his Generation, I just wish everyone else could realise this. Kakashi thought to himself.

Gaara calmed down and smiled softly. Him and Naruto talked for a while...the two have now bonded, becoming the best of friends. Both who come from the Sand and Fire.