The End of Time [The Darkened Time Series Book Four] ~ 4

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Oh, it's her pokemon." Sarah's mother looked me in the eye. "Now, I wonder why she would have sent you ba- Oh!" Her face lit up with surprise.

I wondered what was going on, but only for a moment. Then I felt it. That unmistakable feeling of change, of difference. I knew what was going on, I had undergone it once before. Even as the white light started to flash in front of my eyes, I was already becoming submissive. The process was painful, I knew, but it was for a greater good.

I was evolving.

Before Sarah and I had started out on our journey, one of the many things we researched was me - and my evolutions. We learned how I would first evolve into Kadabra, then if I was traded, I would evolve into an Alakazam. It was always a distant dream. I spent entire dreams wondering what evolution would be like. Would it hurt? Would it feel good? Would my personality change? Would I forget things?

I found out when I evolved into Kadabra, after we had started out on our journey. It wasn't too far in, it was after defeating the first -or was it second?- gym leader. The white light had started to flash in my eyes, and Sarah had cried out in joy. I was finally evolving. I felt giddy, for a moment.

Then the pain came. It didn't come in waves, it struck me head on for what seemed to be forever. I fought it, the horrible feeling that came and warped me, creating an utterly new Pokemon. An utterly new me.

And it fought back. It was excruciatingly painful, but after what couldn't have been more than a minute, the light faded. I felt alive, powerful. I felt knowledge flooding into me, thoughts and philosiphies. I had not only grown physically, but mentally too.

And now it comes again. The pain, in waves. The feeling of being disassembled and then reassembled. The feeling of change.

And when the light fades, I know what will happen.

---/Back to the future! Yeah, back to the present.../---

My arm hurts more and more, as if these memories are weighing me down.

There certainly are some bad things in my memories.

Sarah had deserted me, I knew that. I had been given to her mother. Sarah intended me to be safe, but she had no idea what was going to happen. She had no idea what her decision would cause.

Then again, sometimes I have wondered what would have happened if she had taken me with her.

It brings back other memories, certainly. It wasn't long after I evolved into Alakazam that I stole away from Sarah's mother, wanting to find Sarah. I knew that this involved Team Rocket. So I went directly to the source.

---/Back to the past!/---

I float outside of the building. The windows are dark, but my alien-like mind tells me that means nothing. I am still adjusting to the apparent 5000+ I.Q. points that I seem to have gained in the last week or so.

There! I see a flicker, a movement behind the window, and I shoot a beam of confusion through the window. I hear someone utter a small cry, then a muffled thud.

And silence.

Safe, I tell myself, and I teleport through the glass. The room is dark, but I see a man dressed in normal Team Rocket clothing lying on the floor. "Heh."

I look around the room, but there is nothing that seems to be important. Or is there? My brain tells me this is the correct room, and I know it is myself. Everything is the way that it would rationally be - normal, cool, and tidy. Nothing out of the ordinary. And that is why the list must be in this room.

I smirk, and turn suddenly, using psychic to disarm a lock on a filing cabinet. I pull it open, and look inside. Bingo!

I pull out the file reading "Smith, Sarah". Why they would have an entire file on her, I have no idea. I only expected a single sheet of paper listing where their prisoners were held.

Suspense builds in me as I land on the floor, placing it in front of me. What will it tell me? What knowledge does this small folder have that I have never known?

Finally, I will know. I open the file, only to see one sheet of paper, with only three bold words on it.

I catch my breath, my eyes flying open. Now it all makes sense. But I also know something else, as the light flickers on and I feel the presence of people behind me.

It's over.

As I feel everything going black, I feel realization broadening everything I ever knew. I know more about Sarah than she knew about herself. I know so much, now.

A goon would likely see the sheet of paper fluttering towards the ground, and pick it up. But what he sees will not change his life at all. It will likely not relate to him at all. But those three words relate to me.

Because "See Silph, Sarah" tells me more than I'd ever want to know.

And I wish it wouldn't.

END---/4/---END

I've been a little depressed lately, and very busy as well, but I'm back with this chapter. I started writing it a LONG time back and am back right now to work more. It's not finished yet...

But yeah. I think I'm writing better than before, right now I feel renewed and strong. I think it has something to do with all those Reese's peanut butter pumpkins I've been eating...

They're soooo good. AND a pack of 289G was ONLY 75C. I mean, can you go wrong with that?

Anyway. On other news, this is now a part of The Darkened Time Series! The first three books have been combined, but this one will stay normal until it is finished. Then, I'll migrate it over to The Darkened Time Series. But yeah. I'm having issues with quite a few things right now, so it's very hard to update. I really should be working on LEAP Revised but I thought that I needed to get this chapter done.

This chapter was slightly shorter than I'd like (About 10KB) but I think it was sufficient for a chapter.

Heh.

And yes.

"See Silph, Sarah" tells any 5,000I.Q.+ Alakazam more than they'd want to.

Next chapter might not be out on time like this one, but I'll try for sure!

Please, feedback...