CHAPTER 69: Home

♥Hello :)

So I wasn't able to update that quickly bc of school and this amaazing series called My Mad Fat Diary (you should definitely watch it).

Anyway! Here's the chapter. Thanks for all of the votes, reads and comments. They're all sweet and some of them are just.. honest. But that's okaay bc what's the fun of being an author without people judging your effort?

(yea fuck you bitches) ^-^

Orite cupcakes. enjoy♥

-"Why didn't you tell me before?", I asked, leaning on the counter while gently pressing my palm against the steaming cup of tea my mum's friend, Erin, had offered.

-"I'm so sorry babygirl, I just.. I couldn't find a way to tell you this without making you feel upset", she said.

-"Oh mother", I sighed.

-"Jade, listen. I know I should have told you before anyone else had revealed this to you, but you were going through such a hard time at school and my motherly selfishness kept reminding me to make you happy. I did not want to become a reason why you were upset", she said.

I stared at her and lastly gave her a sugary smile.

-"Come here", I said, spreading my arms to let her fall onto my chest.

She let out a hum and whispered things I could not understand.

-"What did you say?", I questioned.

-"It feels lovely to see you this positive and happy", she said.

I grinned at the prettiest lady in the world (for me) and kissed her head.

There was a door knock, and we both turned our heads to the door.

-"I'll go get that one!", Erin sang.

She opened the door and shut it immediately, slamming the door onto a man's fingers.

-"Sweet Lord! I'm so sorry!", she shrieked with her Geordie accent that sounded almost like mine.

-"Agh! It hurts!", the man exclaimed.

-"Uh! Jade, it's a reporter and I accidentally smashed his fingers with the door. Can I let him in?", she worriedly asked.

-"If it doesn't bother you, because I am fine", I said.

-"Oh, uuugh!", the guy groaned while Erin let him in.

Other people were outside trying to push themselves into the house, so I stood up and chased them away.

-"Please don't", I said.

-"Jade, listen to us!", they all said. I ignored them and shut the door carefully, watching out for fingers.

I locked the door and headed towards the kitchen, where Erin was pursing a plastic bag with ice onto the man's hand.

-"Sorry", she said.

-"You need to be careful, this hurts", he protested.

-"I am sorry", she repeated.

-"Yeah I heard it the first time", he snorted, furrowing his eyebrows and moaning in displeasure as Erin poked his finger with her own.

-"Stop whining and shut up", I commanded. I would not have been this rude, but he was being a dick to one of the sweetest women on Earth.

He bit his lip and stomped his feet, leaving dirt on the neat floor.

-"Hey, stop it please? I swear I will kick you out with my own feet", I said.

-"Done", Erin said, revealing a lovely finger with a nice bandage on it.