The End of Time [Sequel to The Light of Day] Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

Caleb continued his sprint, his running shoes getting thoroughly soaked and muddy, his Jeens going from their well-known gray to a mucky brown. He nearly fell multiple times due to the slippery mud that didn't take kindly to his pounding shoes, but managed to keep his balance without causing Caleb to slow down.

BOOM! A flash of lightning lit the sky only seconds after the scary sound of thunder. It illuminated the two people following Caleb for a moment, their sinister pokemon striding ahead of them with ease.

Of course, he could just be hallucinating. Maybe this was all a bad dream. And maybe the pain from the fifty or so scratches all over him are just him trying to wake himself up.

'You wish,' thought Caleb. This thought of waking up in the bright morning reminded him of his two younger siblings. Jason would be leaving for his own pokemon adventure soon. If only he could see them one more time. He knew how unlikely that would be, though. How could he escape from the Goons that were seemingly randomly chasing him? The answer: He couldn't. He was tiring, and his under-evolved Starravia or Vibrava wouldn't do much good in their injured state, his starter -a Monferno- already fainted. If only he hadn't passed up all those chances to catch pokemon.

The goons seemingly sped up; the fact was that Caleb was slowing down. He panted heavily, and glanced behind him.

It was the moment of not concentrating in front that did him in.

He tripped, sprawling head first into the muddy ground.

The goon's pokemon were upon him in seconds.

---/---

---/Cue current Ilovetoread72 facepalming/---

As you won't guess, I facepalmed (multiple times) due to the fact I was staring at the old afterword and forward. Right here, about ten seconds ago, it stated how I was wondering why in the world I had just decided to keep that stuff for the End of Time. Well, second draft for this chapter, and I've edited it out. And now I'm happy. Yay. ^^

Another thing: I changed his Pokemon. :D

So, now to another Point of View!!!!

---/Narrator/Lily's Point of View/---

"Who... Are you?" Sarah stared at the soaked man in the doorway, rain drops running down his uniform. She hadn't even noticed it had started to rain, and wondered if her mother had taken an umbrella.

"I am George Blue, head of the local police unit. Is your mother home?" At the first statement, Sarah's mind had immediately wondered if her mother was okay. Could something have happened on the way to the mailbox? But when he had asked if her mother was home, she shook her head.

Obviously, this did not concern her mother. "No. Can I take a message?"

"Are you a member of the Smith family?" he asked.

"Yes. I am Sarah Smith. Can I take a message?" she repeated. It couldn't be that urgent, could it? There's really nothing that could go wrong today.

"May I come in?" He ignored Sarah again, but she let him into her tiny living room. He took off his uniform, and sat down.

"I am extremely sorry, Sarah. Very, very sorry. But, alas, there was nothing that could be done. No way we could track them down. We were lucky to even learn of this so soon, or we may not have even been notified."

"What are you talking about?" Sarah asks, completely confused. He seems to be avoiding her gaze.

Then Sarah's mother walks in, wet and holding the mail. "Sarah, I decided just to walk straight to the mailbox today, because it was ra-" her eyes go wide at the sight of the police officer on the couch, who stands up to shake her hand.