The Light of Day [The Darkened Time Series Book 3] ~ 15

Start from the beginning

Well, while you're getting your tea and phoning up your friends to discuss what just happened, I think I will rant about my horrible memory. You see, I've got a TON of books going. Which means that randomly books will get neglected. Well, I haven't worked on this one for a little while, so now I'm all, "What was I planning to do here? And what is this leading up to? Also why did I...?" And I know I've forgotten a ton of REALLY good plot material. But, hey, that's the way it goes, I guess.

Anyway. After this chapter comes out, this series is going to be on hold for a little while. I'm really working hard-core on a book of mine called L.E.A.P., a science fiction/adventure book that I really need feedback on. So, yeah. That's also why I haven't been uploading The Light of Day as often. :D

*Slight Edit: Don't worry, The End of Time will be up super soon! But check out L.E.A.P. in the meantime. O.o*

And now that you've all drank your tea and settled your bets and phoned your friends, we can get back to the story!

---/Kiriel/---

"You... What?" I stuttered, staring at her. What does this mean? Did she actually lead them to us? Did they follow her? Is she... one of them?

"What do you mean?" asked Gavin, looking at her inquisitively.

"They... They followed me. I led them to you. I cannot leave until you do." She stared at us, without blinking.

"Why would you want to come? Besides, we were searching for them. What difference does it make, if they find us or if we find them?"

"I cannot let you go to your deaths," she replied with utter seriousness. "If your doom comes because of me, I will not allow that. Besides, I may be able to help. I have every reason to go against them, as well."

I stared at her. Could we let her come? "I... This is our battle. We must do this."

"As I said, this is just as much your battle as it is mine. I have every right to fight them."

As she stared at us, I realized the feeling of being followed was gone. Or rather, I knew who had been following us. "You, you were following us, weren't you?"

"In a way, yes."

Gavin sighed. "Lily, someone, whoever you are. Okay, alright. You can come. Come on, though. Let's go."

So, the three of us continued up the stairway. Little did I know what would happen, what would be the result of this.

---/Lily/---

Lily, someone, whoever I am. Hah. If only they knew.

I lead them up the stairs, and they're probably wondering why I'm so certainly leading them. It's just a set of stairs, but they're smart enough to realize there are likely other rooms, people that might jump out of anywhere. But, that doesn't matter to me. At first, I didn't want to stand up, to face my largest fear. I didn't want them to be stronger than me, brave enough to face that which they do not know. But... I must have revenge. I must save everyone that matters to me. My friends. My partner. I must save them all.

We finally reached light, streaming in from a hole in the sky. It was finally the top of the mountain.

We walked out onto the plateau, for the top eighty feet of the mountain had been carved out into a perfect square, in such a way that if you looked off the side, there would be no outcropping for eighty to a hundred feet.

'Hello, boys.' The silky feminine voice seemed to come out of nowhere, yet out of everywhere.

'Yes... Hello... Welcome to your doom." A masculine voice, this time, spoke, with a hint of menace.