Awake

"Mr. Rivaille? Is that you?" Eren had asked. Levi heard the question ring through his ears. 'There is no way he lost his memories.' Levi thought for the hundredth time in under a second. He took a deep breath and answered him. "Yeah, it's me Eren." He said with a counterfeit smile hiding all the pain behind his ever so slightly crumbling mask.

Mikasa looked between the two and felt her heart break. 'There is no way his memories are gone.' Was all she could think.

"Mr. Rivaille, sorry, I mean Levi, can I have a kiss." Eren said his voice hoarse, yet audible.He was still a little out of it, still slurring his words slightly.

"Levi felt the panic escape his body along with the tears he didn't realize had started pouring down his face. "Of course brat." Levi said placing a soft yet desperate and needy kiss on Eren's soft lips, the lips he had missed. Levi pulled away from the kiss and threw his arms around the boy, Mikasa did the same and they sat there in the peaceful quietness of the room. They made sure to be extra careful of Eren's injuries.

The nurse came running back in with a doctor with her and they both immediately gasped. 'Twelve percent chance of waking up ran through their ears over and over.' "It's a miracle" the doctor said gasping with disbelief.

After a few minutes the nurses were obligated to pull the two away from him for a moment to check his vitals to make sure everything is normal. After they finished their test they gave the okay for Levi and Mikasa to come back in the room.

"We want to keep him for a couple of days just to make sure that his lung heals properly along with his ribs, and well any other injuries that we seem to be leaving out." The doctor ran the information by them to which they all agreed with no objections to the matter. It would be best for him to stay here instead of going back home.

"Does anyone have a phone?" Eren asked weakly the question more directed towards Mikasa.

"Um, yeah?" She said pulling it out of her pocket and showing it to him.

"May I?"

Mikasa nodded and handed him her phone with a questioning looks.

Eren took a picture of himself with a weak smile and typed in two numbers before clicking send.

Levi's phone buzzed as he received the picture. "What is that for?" Levi asked looking at the new picture on his phone.

"Send it to Hanji and Erwin, let them know I'm okay." Eren said taking a deep breath. It still hurt him to talk and breath but not as bad as the night it happened.

Mikasa immediately got a text back from the second number. It was Jean who was leaping with joy at the amazing news. He also mentioned that he sent the image to Marco.

Levi had his hand in Eren's and refused to leave his side. Mikasa was the same she stayed in the chair stationary as she refused to leave.

Eren even in his weak state insisted on taking care of the ones he loved. He insisted that Levi get some rest and Mikasa get her work done and then get to bed.

Eren dismissed their stubborn refusals and made sure that they listened to him. He reassured them he would still be there when they woke up. After what seemed like an hour of bickering, which was no more than a few minutes, Levi had laid his head down on the bed next to Eren in defeat. His heavy eyes easily closed with the sense of relief and fell asleep with his hand still firmly placed around his lover's.

Mikasa had started her homework and made sure when she finished it that she would get some shut eye.