Story Time: Part 4

"Nick looked at Alexander in aw. He didn't quite know what was going through the other man's head, but he was overjoyed at the proposition. He sat there staring at his friend with wide eyes and his mouth to the floor. "Are you serious?" Nick stuttered, "I mean won't I get in the way?" He asked he didn't know if he was trying to talk him out of it or trying to clarify.

"Like hell, you will be an honored guessed." Alexander thought over what he was going to say next and let a huge smile slip on his face. He said playfully putting his finger to his chin tapping it and looking up. "Maybe you can be my queen." He said before laughing at the crimson faced boy who looked like he had saw a ghost.

Alexander finished laughing to see a pout on Nick's face. "Don't joke like that." Nick mumbled. 'I mean because you might not like me happily agreeing.' Nick thought as his eyes looked away from Alex's. "Who said I was joking?" Was all Alexander could say before his face matched Nick's in color. Nick's eyes shot up and met Alex's ones that looked scared. He was scared of rejection, scared of losing his friend, scared of putting himself up for failure.

Alexander was sitting there his eyes locked on Nick's waiting for an answer. Nick couldn't find his voice and decided to just go for it. Alexander's eyes widened as he felt Nick's lips pressed up against his, he was shocked for a moment before closing his eyes and kissing him back.

They could almost hear the fireworks going off in the background. When Nick pulled away they both started at each other trying to figure out if they had imagined that or if it really happened. Nick cleared his throat and started rambling, stumbling over his words as he went. "That was, I mean did that, we just, it was-."

Alex pushed his lips to Nick's silencing the incoherent rambles that were escaping his mouth. He pulled away and gave him a smile. "Thanks." Nick said realizing his rambles and giggling. "So what now?" Nick asked looking into Alexander's eyes. "Well, my offer still stands you are welcome to live here, also my other offer stands still as well." Alexander said smiling and giving Nicholas the options he needed.

'I would love that. Nick said but his tone held sadness. "But how would we pull that off. My father barely lets me out of my room let alone move out of the castle." Nick said his voice cracking, "What I would give to be able to take that offer." Nick mumbled putting his head in his hands. Alexander was still smiling which confused Nick but he was sure he would give an explanation.

"You wouldn't actually have to give all that much." He said simply giving Nick a chance to react. Nick looked up to ask what on earth Alex was talking about as Alex kept talking. "You can stay here and your father won't be able to do anything about it, because my army is bigger than his. That means if he would try and fight we would win, besides what I how of him he is a coward and he-." Alex stopped talking knowing that Nicholas wouldn't be ready to face the truth.

"How do you know all of this, I didn't think you knew who my father was." Nicholas said recalling that he never once mentioned where he was from. "Last time you were here I noticed the crest on the guard's uniform and I did a little research." Alexander said biting his lip. "I found some information that you might want to hear."

Nick looked up as he heard the hesitance in his voice. "There is no easy way to say this but your father is-." Alex was quickly cut off by a knocking at the door. "Your majesty, There are some guards looking for a guest." One of his guards said. Nick panicked and quickly grabbed his mask putting it back on. "No need." Alex whispered before opening the door slightly.

He was face to face with his guard and behind him were two guards that had on the crest he had done so much research about. "One moment, please wait here." Alex said closing the door and grabbing a piece of paper and an envelope. He quickly wrote a letter addressed to Nick's father. He put it in the envelope before placing his seal over it.

He reemerged outside the room standing before the guards. "Give this to your king, you will be journeying back to your kingdom alone. Nick will be staying here. If your king has any quarrels with that He can take it up with me and my guards face to face." Alex said his face looked stern and was enough to faze the guards giving them a mini heart attack. His eyes threw daggers into the eyes of the despicable guards while his guards bowed their heads. He then closed the door on the angry yet frightened guards.

Alex turned around and his face looked terrifying for a split second. He took a breath and his eyes softened and a small smile emerged on his lips. "Sorry you had to see that," He said looking away from Nick's gaze. "I had to get my point across." Nick nodded understandingly and got up from where he sat to hug Alex. "Thank you." He whispered. Alex quickly returned the embrace and whispered back, "Of course, anything for you."

They remained in each other's embrace, feeling the overwhelming sense of peace and love. Alex could feel the worry rolling off of Nick. "The calm before the storm." Is all Nick mumbled before burying his face in the crook of Alex's neck. Alex played with Nick hair in attempt to calm his unsettled nerves.

Nick moved his head back to face Alexander and looked at him in the eyes. "Thank you." He said once again face to face with Alex. Alex leaned in slowly and Nick did the same. Their lips were pulled together like magnets. Their kiss was passionate, just what they needed. Their kiss got more heated as they started pulling each other deeper into the kiss. Alex hand playing with Nick's hair as his other wrapped around his back. Nick had his hand on Alex's cheek and his other on the back of Alex's neck.

Nick heard Alex curse against his lips when he heard another knock at the door. He grumbled as he stood up and walked to the door before looking back at Nick, who had his hand on his mask. "You're probably going to want to put that on." He said already recognizing who the person on the other side of the door was just by the knock.

He cracked the door only for it to be pushed open. 'Why are ya held up in here there's a party o-." The woman's voice quickly cut off meeting a strange pair of eyes behind a mask.

"Oh." She said awkwardly, "well now I know why ya've disappeared." She said with a giggle. She walked up to Nick and put her hand out. "I'm Gabriella, nice ta meet ya." She said kindly. Nick hesitantly reached his hand out and shook hers. "Ya can call me Gabby, eryone does." She said proudly. "It's not just because it's short for Gabriella." Alex whispered earning a pout from Gabby. "I'm Nick." He said before clearing his throat, "I mean Nicholas." It was about time he stopped following that silly rule.

"Well it was nice ta meet ya, I'm gunna head back ta the party yall can continue whatever yall were doin." She said with a wink before scurrying out of the room. "Sorry about her, she's a little crazy and super hyper." Alex said closing the door shaking his head at his friend's behavior with a slight smile."

"You are going to keep this story sex free right?" Eren wrote awkwardly on the whiteboard.

"Ugh, okay fine I will, I'll just skip that part." She said pouting.

"What, you actually had a sex part in there." He quickly wrote.

He had already known her answer before she said, "Of course I did." He shook his head as she giggled.

"Alright I'll skip that part but not the part leading up to it.' She said before clearing her throat to get on with the story.