Eren's "Baggage"

"Are you coming brat" Levi said stepping out of the car. "Um ... yeah ... I guess" he said slowly stepping out of the car. "Tch, stop stalling brat come on".

They walked into Scouts Café and we're seated almost instantly. The waitress took their order "Okay I'm going to go put your order in so if you need me my name is mina".

Scouts Café is a little hole in the wall place and happens to be Levi's favorite place to grab a bite or stop for coffee. Levi doesn't really like to share this place with people unless he trusts them because he really doesn't want to run into people he hates. The only ones who know other people who know about this place besides Levi and Eren are Erwin and Hanji.

"Alright whose going to ask the first question"? Levi asked. "Well it was your idea so I guess you should be the one who goes first". Eren said immediately regretting it. "Alright then, why are you always late to my class"? 'What, h-he didn't ask the question that he thought he was going to ask". "Um... well I've kinda been having really bad nightmares every night and I barely get any sleep. I end up over sleeping and miss my alarm and whined up late". 'He's been having nightmares as well'. "Oh, I didn't know". "Alright my turn" Eren said thinking of a good question "Um ... why did you wait with me for an hour. You oviously didn't have anything to do, so I knew you where lying when you said you where planning on staying". 'Shit, he seen threw my lie'. "Because I don't mind spending time with you. Also I wanted to know why you where staying late. My turn". Levi said thinking of how to word his next question so it wasn't so direct (he failed miserably). "When did you start cutting". 'Oh here it comes'. "When I was in sixth grade". Eren said staring at the table. "My turn". Eren mumbled out. "Why where you saddened by when I mentioned how you could afford the car". At this Levi's face tensed. "It's a really long story but if you want to know I'll tell you before we leave. Okay"? "Sure that's fine, I understand". "Ask another question". Eren thought really hard. "Why do you only show me kindness, you seem to treat me diffrent then everyone else". "Well its because I belive in you and besides we are friends right"? "Yeah". "Well you're suppose to be kind to your friends and care for them, anyways its my turn. Hmm, why did you start cutting"? Eren stared down at the table and let his hair fall covering his eyes almost completely just in case his eyes started watering. Well, um ... y-ya see um ..." Eren took a deep breath trying to find the right words. "M-my mother passed away around that time and my dad kinda became-". Eren started shaking 'AM I HAVING AN ANXIETY ATTACK NOW, of all times!' Levi realized something was wrong and jumped up from his chair and tried to calm Eren down "Eren it's okay if it causes you pain to talk about it then don't. I want to help not cause you more pain". 'Something about his dad, what is that ass doing to him'. After Eren finally caught his breath and stopped shaking "NO, a deals a deal I don't break my promises. I just have to push threw it and not think to deep into it." "Are you sure I don't want you to have another anxiety attack". "I'll be fine" 'I hope' "anyways um so my dad became depressed and he started drinking. My dad he's a very well angry drunk. He can be very violent. It's almost like I was his own personal punching bag. He started coming home drunk inviting his friends over almost nightly. He would beat me half to hell before inviting them. Then after about a hour or two of drinking some more with his friends he would pass out. Then-" Eren's voice hitched and tears were streaming down his face at this point. "Then his friends would sneak up to my room and well ... they would beat me more take advantage of me ... they would rape me"! Eren mumbled out in a distressed tone while seeming to be lost in his horrible day dream.

Levi was shocked finding out that the person he considers his best friend was going threw so many struggles. "Eren I am so sorry I didn't know, I could have done something, I -" Levi's voice trailed off. "It's okay it's not like you could have known and there isn't anything you could do". "Eren you're 18 now you can leave and they can't stop you". "It's can't leave, my sister isn't eighteen yet qnd I can't leave her there alone. I offered myself up in her place- if I leave before she's eighteen they-" Eren's voice trailed off bot wanting to imagine what they would do to her. "When does she turn eighteen". "next week on Friday actually, that's when she's going to stay at our friend Armin's house". "Where are you going to stay"? "Um I haven't really figured that out yet, I mean Armin offered but he only has one extra bed and I would Mikasa be safe rather then me". "Eren are you just planning on staying there afyer she turns eighteen". "Well I don't really have any other options". "Eren I can't let you keep staying there after your sister leaves". "Well what choice do I have". "I have a extra bedroom and I wouldn't mind letting you stay". Eren was thrown off by Levi's comment. "What, no Levi, I can't I-I would just be burdening yo-" "Eren you aren't burdening me. I offered. Besides I'm not letting you stay in that he'll hole longer then you have to". "But-". "But nothing you agreed we're friends right, that's what friends do. Don't you trust me"? Eren's mind was racing at this point 'wouldn't it be weird, I can't do this, do I really have a choice'. Eren finally spoke up. "Fine, because you seemed to have made up your mind. (When Levi makes up his mind he most likely won't change it). BUT, only on one condition". "Name it". "You tell me that long story now instead of later". "Tch, fine brat but you asked for-" "Sorry for the interruption but I brought your food". Mina said with a smile. "Oh its no problem, thanks". Levi said.