Midnight

They finished singing happy birthday and Levi passed out a piece of cake to Mikasa and then to Eren, then one for him. They waited for Mikasa to take the first bite before they ate theirs.

Eren was about to take another bite when an interesting idea came to him. A devious smile appeared on his face and he couldn't help but act on the wicked intentions.

"Levi, I love you," he said with a smile.

"I love you too." He said leaning in to kiss his cheek.

The second Levi leaned in Eren knew he had him where he wanted him. He gave Mikasa a look and she knew what was going down trying to hide her laughter. It seemed to happen in slow motion.

Levi was about to kiss his lover on the cheek when he was meet with something sticky and cold on his nose. He made a face of disgust and Mikasa and Eren could no longer hold their laughter.

Levi glared at Eren but immediately got him back putting some frosting on his cheek.

Eren laughed and grabbed the extra napkins. "Truce, truce," Eren said while giggling.

Levi nodded, "truce." He said walking over to Eren about to grab a napkin but was surprised when Eren leaned over and wiped the frosting off.

Levi smiled grabbing a napkin and wiped the frosting off Eren's face.

Mikasa smiled, "You guys are so cute together." she said still laughing at the frosting they had missed. She walked over and grabbed a napkin before getting the extra frosting off of each of the childish men.

"Thanks mom," Eren said with a sarcastic voice.

"Ha, ha, very funny." She said smiling and ruffling both of their hair. Levi fixed his hair and was going to make a sarcastic comment but didn't more grateful that she has gotten used to him.

They messed around a bit before checking the time. "Wow, it's pretty late," Mikasa said seeing it was almost midnight.

"Well, you should stay until after midnight, just so we can say happy birthday on your actual birthday," Eren said not really wanting her to leave but knowing it would be better if she did because she would sleep better in a bed.

"Okay, I'll stay a little while longer." She said smiling, "Oh and Annie is picking me up early tomorrow because she's taking me for a birthday breakfast." Mikasa said letting Levi know he wouldn't have to pick her up in the morning.

"Tell her I say hi," said Eren grinning like a moron.

"Will do," she said

The second the clock hit midnight Eren told Mikasa happy birthday again and Levi followed his lead.

She smiled happily knowing that they were actually watching the clock. Her phone started buzzing with birthday messages as people had clicked send. Annie's message came in first then followed by Jean then by Marco. A few other messages came in after that but she decided she would check them back at Levi's. That was until her phone started to ring.

She pulled her phone back out of her pocket and checked the contact. She almost dropped her phone seeing that her dad was calling. She angrily declined the call. He had no right to wish her a happy birthday.

She went to put her phone away but it started ringing again. She declined the call once more and was about to turn her phone on silent when again a call came through.

"UGH." She yelled almost throwing her phone when Levi caught her arm. "You don't want to break your phone." He said stopping her from smashing it up against the wall.

He slid it out of her hand and shut the phone down completely.

Mikasa hung her head low, even when she thought she was free from him she wasn't. He was still there always tormenting her.

"Mikasa," Eren whispered trying to see where she was at.

Her arm still in Levi's hand. When he went to remove it she fell to her knees. Levi dropped down with her.

"Mikasa!" Eren called worried for her.

Levi wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back. "It's okay, I won't let him hurt you," Levi said reassuring her. He looked back at Eren who looked like he was about to jump out of the bed. He gave him a look that said he would take care of her. Which still didn't stop Eren from sliding off the bed and limping over to them.

Levi held her as she broke down, their father must have been a real bastard because just seeing his name caused such emotional trauma. Eren had sat down on the floor next to them and wrapped his arms around Mikasa.

She looked up at him with teary eyes and wrapped one of her arms around her brother while the other was still around Levi.

They sat there doing all that they could eventually calm her nerves. She stayed in their arms and it felt strange it almost felt like she was in the arms of supportive parents. Eren had always been more than her brother, he was also a father figure in her eyes. Levi had just come into her life and immediately he supported her as much as Eren did.

'Is this how it should have been, back then? Was their family supposed to be like this? Were parents supposed to be like this: caring, supportive, kind, and so much more?' Mikasa thought as she took a few deep breaths trying to calm her mind.

She looked up at them and gave a soft smile, "You guys would make great parents." She said.

They looked at each other a little confused but shrugged. "Yeah, I guess we would," Levi said smiling at Eren then back at Mikasa.