Armin

They all sat around eating their food. Mikasa smiled looking at the other two. The atmosphere of the room was so peaceful, it was something she could get used to.

They talked about how tomorrow would go after Mikasa got back from school. Levi offered to help her get her stuff out of the house but Mikasa said that her room is almost completely unpacked except for two more boxes. Every time Annie had picked her up to go to school she had been bringing a box each time for the past week. Annie had put them to the side in her room so that she wouldn't have to go back to her father's house, but since she has not been staying at her house she would have to go pick up the last two boxes.

Eren didn't even realize that his sister was almost completely moved out. "Wow that's smart, I should have done that," Eren said, happy that Mikasa wouldn't have to be at the house for long.

"Oh, Armin is coming back tonight," Mikasa said reminding Eren that Armin has been in the dark about everything.

"Oh, how are we going to explain any of this?" Eren asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"I explained a little to him when he had phone service. All he knows at this point is that you're in the hospital. He doesn't know you are going home tomorrow but he insisted on seeing you tomorrow so I'll tell him he will not be coming to the hospital," Mikasa said remembering her conversation with him.

"Levi, you don't mind if Armin comes over for a little to say hi do you?" Eren asked making sure it was okay.

"Of course he can come any friend of yours is welcome," Levi said with a smile.

"It will be nice to see him again it's been a month since I seen him last," Eren said with a weak smile. Eren had pushed back all of his feelings and tried not to even mention his friend's name while he was away to try and stop himself from worrying over every little thing. Armin had gone with his family for a month-long vacation to a whole new country for sightseeing. He texted Armin any chance he got since there was a really poor connection where he was at so they didn't really get to talk much.

"Well, I can't wait to see him so when you see him tomorrow make sure he comes quickly," Eren said to Mikasa with a smile.

Mikasa nodded and smiled "I'll let him know."

They finished their food shortly after their discussion and Eren gave Levi a look that just asked 'are you ready?'

"Mikasa, I'm sorry to ask but could you go get some paper towels from the bathroom it seems they didn't give enough napkins," Eren asked her hiding the extra napkins behind his back.

Mikasa nodded "Okay, I'll be right back." She said she could tell that something was up. Maybe Eren wanted some alone time with Levi? Is what she thought.

They watched her leave the room and then Eren looked at Levi. "You got it?" He asked looking at the bag on the counter.

"Yup, we will have to make this fast." He said grabbing it

They quickly organized what they needed to and then waited for Mikasa to return.

Mikasa had made it back to the room and knocked on the door. "I'm back." She said walking in.

She immediately dropped all the paper towels. There were Eren and Levi sitting there and in front of them a cake with fake candles.

"Sorry, we couldn't light candles in the hospital," Levi said shrugging. "I hope these will do."

Mikasa smiled the biggest smile and ran over and hugged both of them. "It's perfect," she said.

They hugged her back and in that moment she felt like the happiest person alive. "Thank you guys."

She gave them each a kiss on the cheek before they made her sit down so they could sing happy birthday to her even though it wasn't midnight yet, but she didn't mind.