Did He Feel That?

After watching Levi bust into tears Mikasa got up and walked over to him. He was leaning over and had his head laid on the bed next to Eren's. She could hear him begging for him to wake up. It broke her heart. She saw how much he truly loves her brother. "Levi." Mikasa whispered as she rested a hand on his back as it trembled.

Levi sat up and looked at her. "I'm sorry I just-." he said before cutting himself off. "I'm going to go to the restroom." Levi said avoiding her worried gaze. He went to stand up and she pulled him into a hug. "You don't have to try and hide your tears from us." Mikasa whispered knowing that was exactly what he was going to do. He nodded and sat back down when Mikasa let go of him.

Eren took a deep breath as he felt tears run down his cheeks. "Levi, I'm so sorry." He said as he kneeled down in front of his lover. "I never meant to cause you all this pain." Eren said looking around the room at the other two. "Any of you." His voice came out as a whisper as he felt his breath get taken away .

He looked back at Levi and saw tears rolling down his cheeks. He put his hand out to try and cup Levi's face and wipe away his tears, but to no avail. If anything more tears seemed to stream down his face. Eren let out a saddened sigh and kissed Levi on his forehead. He went to walk back over to his bed to sit down when he heard Levi whisper.

"Eren." Levi whispered out as he felt sad emotions overwhelm him. The tears that were silently falling from his eyes had doubled as he felt a sad presence take over him. 'What just happened.' he thought as he wiped away his tears and cleared his throat.

"What was that?" Eren said turning around. "He just said my name. Could he feel me? Levi please say it again. Levi I need to hear you say it again!" Eren called desperate for his lover who he knew couldn't hear him. The heart monitor increased slightly and Eren took a few deep breaths to keep himself out of the danger zone.

Levi looked at the heart monitor and could only wonder, 'did he hear me?' He stared at the monitor and didn't know whether to feel happy or sad. 'Could he really hear me or did my brain imagine the whole thing.' Before Levi could think father into it a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Levi?" A woman said as she appeared in the doorway. Levi looked up and nodded when he saw the nurse standing in the doorway. "May I have a word with you." She spoke softly when she had noticed his eyes were slightly puffy. Levi nodded and walked out of the room. Eren walked behind him and paused in the doorway. "Molbit's awake if you want to see him." She informed him. He nodded and the nurse went back to work.

Levi stood there for a moment and took a deep breath. He made sure there was no evidence he was crying before he began to walk down the hallway. Eren looked back at himself in the room before swallowing hard. "What happens if I leave my body?" He asked himself taking a deep breath. "Well looks like I'm about to find out." He sighed and began to follow Levi down the hall.