Talking It Out

They pulled up in the driveway of their house. They waked in the house and set their stuff down. Eren looked at the clock. It flashed one forty-seven. Guilt washed over him. "Sorry I shouldn't have made you drive at one A.M." "It's fine, besides I got to take you home." Levi said collapsing on the couch next to Eren. "Do you want to sleep in the guest room or my room?" "Your room." Eren said leaning on Levi's shoulder. "Alright, just tell me when you want to go to bed and I'll carry you up." Eren nodded. Neither of them were quite ready for bed just yet. They just sat there on the couch cuddling.

Levi's thoughts from earlier haunted his mind. 'I won't be able to see him ever again. I'll never be able to sing with him in the car. I'll never be able to wake up next to him in the morning with his hair in my face and head in my chest. I won't be able to teach him how to cook. I will never be able to bake with him. I won't be able to kiss him him and tell him I love him ever again. I won't be able to stand across from him at the altar and say I do. I won't be able to grow old and spend my life with him.' Levi pulled Eren closer and held him tight. I have the chance to spend my life with the person I love, I'm not going to waste it.'

"What is it Levi, what's wrong?" Eren asked feeling Levi's grip tighten, almost as if he was afraid to lose him. "I love you." Levi said putting his face in the crook of Eren's neck. "I love you too Levi." Eren felt a drop of water hit his neck. "Levi are you crying?" Levi didn't respond he just gripped Eren tighter. 'Is he crying because me? Did I make him cry?' Eren thought feeling even more guilt wash over him. "I'm sorry Levi, I didn't mean to hurt you." "Eren, please tell me what set you off. I don't want to lose you." Eren nodded. He then moved so that he was sitting in Levi's lap. He wrapped his leg around Levi's waist. he then wrapped his arms around Levi's chest. "They said something. They kept calling me their property and their pet." Eren felt Levi tense up.

"That's not the part that originally got to me though. The one thing that shoved me over the edge was that they threatened you." Levi looked at Eren confused. "They see the bite mark on my neck. They said that once they found the person responsible that they would kill them or keep them as another pet." Eren said holding onto Levi even tighter than before. "I thought, I could protect you. I thought if I died you would be safe." " Eren please never think that way. I could protect myself. I'm not worried about those assholes, I could take them on. Besides right now I'm one step away from tracking down these fuckers and killing them." "Levi I can make it, Mikasa has a plan. I'll tell you it after we finish talking." Levi nodded. Eren reached his hand up and wiped the remaining tears from Levi's eyes. "I'm sorry I made you cry." Levi rested his head on Eren's shoulder and kissed his cheek. "Just never do something like that again, I was afraid that I was going to lose you." 

Eren heard the worry in Levi's tone, He had seen the panic behind Levi's eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, I'll never do it again." " I know please from now on just think of it this way, If you hurt yourself then you're hurting me. I don't like seeing you suffer. Please before you do anything like that call me and tell me what's happening." "I will." Eren said leaning his head on Levi's chest holding him close.