I'm Not Dreaming

"Where am I?" His eye's shot open to see a white ceiling. "This looks familiar?" He thought as he looked at the walls. "Dirty." He pointed out before realization took over him. "I'm in the hospital. I'm having that recurring dream." Eren said figuring out what was going on. He looked around and it looked like it had the last two times he had the dream, but this time something felt off. "This time it's not a dream." Eren whispered remembering what happened. He felt fear take over and he let out a scream of pure panic.

Eren's heart monitor spiked and the nurses ran in after hearing the beeping They were about to kick everyone out when the heart monitor began to go back to normal. "What's happening?" Levi asked desperate for answers. The nurses just ignored him. They didn't have the answers he was looking for. Mikasa had started shaking. "What happens if he doesn't wake up." She asked Levi in a whispered tone and shaky voice. "We can't afford to think that way." Is all he could say  with his ow voice shaking from the fear of losing Eren. He himself was struggling with that same question in his head.

"Calm down, Eren calm down." Eren whispered to himself taking deep breaths. "Panicking will do you no good." He told himself before taking a few more deep breaths. 'Well I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that I was in the bed the whole time. Wait but my name isn't four syllables, unless Eren Jaeger.' Eren said saying his full name. His full name ended up being four syllabus and he mentally face palmed. 'I should have known.' Eren thought with a sigh.

"I guess I'll just have to go along with the normal routine." Eren said starting to walk down the hall. 'I'm a little curious of how accurate my visions were.' Eren thought as he made it to the first from. He poked his head in and he saw the old lady hooked up to the several different monitors. There was a group of people gathered around. Eren bowed his head as he knew what happened next.

He walked past the room and even though he knew it was coming that it was unavoidable. He still felt chills run down his spine and his heart filled with ache as the long beep signalized the final goodbye for that person. Eren kept on his path but it seemed so much harder know that he knew the events that were occurring were real. He stopped in front of the next room and needed to take a deep breath.

He cleared his mind before looking into the room. He saw the little girl laying there covered in bandages with her leg in the same pink cast. There were the same cuts and scars littering her light brown skin from the accident as they were in his dream. Her arms was in the same dark blue cast. Eren walked straight over to the clipboard knowing that people couldn't see him. He had time to read more of the writing.

"Kennedy Jordan Gibson, age 13. Born August 4th. Car crash victim." Eren skipped down a little bit and read the two parts that was in his dream. "Comatose, permanently brain dead." Eren couldn't stop the tears from forming in his eyes.  

'She's a little older than I thought.' Eren thought remembering he thought she was around ten. She's pretty frail for her age, I wonder how long she's been like this?' Eren thought feeling sad for the girl. "No matter her age, she is still to young to die." He said to himself as he attempted to choke back the tears that kept falling. As he made his way towards the door her older sister was returning from the bathroom. She seemed to be a little younger than Eren.

He left the room as he wiped his eyes. 'I can't let this get to me.' Eren thought as he took a deep breath. He made it to the last room and saw the man. He remembered hearing that this man was the one trying to turn his life around.

He was about to read the clipboard but remembered that Levi was in the next room over. He immediately turned around and ran to the room that was down the hall. He walked in and things were very different than in his dream. "This really isn't a dream." Eren thought as his heart started to race at the thought.