Happy Memories

Levi stayed there with his hand in Eren's as he kneeled on the hard floor. He had closed his eyes that had been burning from staying open and the tears. He, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't sleep. He was afraid of missing something important. He was sure Eren had been watching them and that thought brought him slight comfort, that was until he remembered how much crying he had done.

Even though Levi couldn't see him Eren was right there next to him. He wanted Levi to know he was there and that he was okay, but he had no way of telling him that.

A few hours passed and Jean had returned to the depressing hospital room with Marco. Who had insisted on bringing a card, saying "Eren can read it when he wakes up, because he is going to wake up." Marco's optimism about Eren's situation had kept Jean's eyes tear free for the time being as he was told that his friend will be fine.

Marco's eyes came across a confusing sight his french teacher was kneeled on the ground next to Eren holding his hand as a lover would with tearful tired eyes. A moment of realization set in at the scene. 'I knew they were friendly, but now I know just how friendly.' Marco said internally at his moment of aw.

Jean looked as Marco then at Levi. "Oh, um do I need to explain?" Jean asked scratching the back of his head. As they stood in the doorway.

"Nah, I figured something was happening between them." Marco said before entering the room quietly placing the cards he had Jean had on the table. He was careful not to wake Mikasa, she looked tired as hell, he could make out faint bags under her eyes as she slept.

Levi looked up and gave them a look that held some gratefulness, before stiffening up slightly realizing he had no prier knowledge of the two's love. Jean just gave Levi a reassuring nod and a shrug. Levi nodded and relaxed his tense muscles. Jean set down a little stuffed bear and a flower on the table next to the cards. "We thought he would appreciate them when he wakes up." Jean said looking towards the floor.

"I'm sure he will love them." Levi said with a faint smile. Levi turned his head back and looked at Eren's face almost as if to say, "You hear that, they need you to wake up."

Eren smiled as his friends came in with little gifts. He shook his head at Jean, "Oh come on, you know I don't like people spending money on me." Eren said to himself as he walked over to try and read the front of the cards. "But, thanks." Eren said as he looked back at the two only wishing they could hear him.

Marco couldn't stay long but while he was there he brought faint smiles to everyone's faces, well except Mikasa who slept through his whole visit. Marco had told some of his memories of Eren, and he urged others to do the same. Needless to say there were more happy tears than sad at this time.

Jean and Marco were saying goodbye as they had to go home. It was already past visiting hours, they had school the next day and there was no way that Jean's mother would let him skip school 2 days in a row. As they were exiting the room Jean looked back at Eren and mumbled to himself, "You have to wake up." Before going home with Marco.

Eren mumbled back a sad, "I'm trying." As he watched them walk away before turning back to Levi, who was sitting in the chair next to the bed.