Home

Levi woke up when one of the nurses had entered the room. He hated being a light sleeper, he hadn't gotten a good night's rest since he had been waking up at every little thing that happened. He had been getting enough sleep to the point he couldn't complain, but he was sure glad that they would be going home in a couple of hours.

The nurse apologized for waking him and continued to replace the IV bag.

Eren was still sleeping soundly cuddled up next to him. He smiled until he watched as the boy began to twitch slightly. His smile disappeared and he held Eren closer to him. He could tell the boy was starting to have a nightmare.

He held him close and rubbed his back gently. He whispered to him telling him it was going to be okay and that he's there. Eren had gone back to his peaceful state and Levi let a little smile go as he kissed his lover's forehead.

"You are good for him." The nurse said as she had finished hanging the IV. "It seems he has gone through hell. He needs someone to keep him happy, he deserves to be happy, and I am glad he finds happiness in someone." She whispered to Levi.

"Thank you," Levi said smiling in response.

She nodded before she had to leave the room to go back to her work.

Levi looked down at Eren who was again sleeping peacefully. He smiled kissing the boy's forehead before closing his eyes and going back to sleep.

When he woke up again Eren was already awake. "How long have you been up?" Levi asked when he met the tealish eyes before him.

"Not long, maybe ten minutes," Eren said smiling. "You're so peaceful when you are sleeping," Eren said kissing Levi's cheek.

Levi smiled and brushed it off with a teasing comment, "You were watching me sleep, how creepy." He said before kissing Eren with a sweet good morning kiss.

"I can't help it you are so adorable," Eren said ruffling Levi's hair.

"Ha, me adorable yeah right," Levi said trying to keep his tough guy act.

"Anyways, today's the day." Eren said smiling brightly, "The nurse said we can leave when the doctor comes in with the signed paperwork, which should be any minute now.

"Really, do they need me to bring my car around?" They said to wake you so you can pull your car around when they come back with the paperwork, because after they come back with the paperwork they still need to get a wheelchair." Eren explained.

"Right, that's cause they aren't allowed to let you walk out of here because they don't want you to get injured on their property or something along those lines," Levi said remembering the nurse's explanation of it.

"Yup, something like that." Eren laughed at Levi's explanation of it.

"Eren Jaeger?" The doctor called entering the room.

"That's me," Eren said answering the doctor.

"You ready to go home?" She asked setting her clipboard down on the counter.

"Yes mam," Eren said eagerly.

"Alright, I am just going to do one last check on your lung and your leg, shouldn't take more than five minutes." The nurse said walking up to Eren. "Mr. Rivaille, if you would like to get your car and pull up to the loading zone I'll bring him down in a few minutes." She said sweetly before she started examining his leg.

Levi nodded and grabbed his stuff and headed out to his car, he was so happy to finally leave the hospital.

Levi had waited no more than three minutes before they brought Eren out. Levi had got out of his car and helped Eren in. They thanked the nurse one last time saying their goodbyes. Levi told her to give a message to Molbit since they weren't able to talk to him before they left. They started on their way home.

PRESS PLAY

Eren had the biggest smile on his face he was thinking how happy he was to go home finally to be free from his father, from those men, from the hospital. He is free to be who he is, with the man he loves. He doesn't have to worry about coming home to an angry drunk, to and abusive asshole, but to a loving boyfriend.

They drove home in a peaceful silence just happy to be in the comfort of one another. They didn't need music to lighten the mood, just being in the presence of the one they loved was enough to make them smile in content.

Eren's hand had instinctively grabbed Levi's free hand that was resting on the armrest waiting for Eren to take. Ever since the first time they held hands while driving somewhere Levi had gotten into the habit of leaving his hand there for Eren, even when he wasn't even in the car.

Levi glanced over at Eren to see him anxiously staring out the window waiting to see the familiar house. Before he knew it, there it was, right in front of them, the house he had been so desperately waiting to come back to. All he kept thinking was how much he missed being here, how much he wanted to stay here with Levi, to wake up next to him every morning in a comfortable bed where they can be alone. To cook together and joke about the stupid stuff they see on TV. To eat home cooked meals instead of junk food and take out. To not be restricted to just the bed. For him and Levi to be happy without the fear of having to go back to a place that Eren thought was worse than hell.

Levi shut off the car and looked at Eren. "We're home." He said with a smile

Eren's grip on Levi's hand tightened. "Home," Eren mumbled. This is the first time home had meant a safe place, a place that was welcoming, a place he would actually want to come back to. This is the first time the word home had meant something, it was more than just a word now, it was a place.

Levi saw Eren was lost in thought and when tears fell from Eren's eyes he was a little surprised. He got out of the car and ran over to the passenger side to see what was wrong, but when he opened the door Eren was smiling. The tears were happy tears.

"Sorry, let's go," Eren said wiping his tears.

Levi nodded and put his hand out to help Eren get out of the car. Eren gave him a blank stare.

"What's the matter, Eren, Don't you trust me?" Levi said smiling.

Eren smiled and took Levi's hand. Levi helped Eren into the house the second Levi closed the door Eren hugged him.

"We're home," Eren whispered letting tears fall down his cheeks silently as he buried his face into the crook of Levi's neck.

"Welcome home Eren," Levi said holding on to his lover like he was never going to let him go.

"I love you, Levi."

"I love you too Eren."

The End

Please continue to the next chapter details to the sequel will be posted right after this one~ Lawliet TJ