Emotions

Levi had woke up with a bad feeling of something, he couldn't put his finger on it. He went to lay back down, but before he could fall asleep he noticed Eren started to flinch and he was cringing in his sleep. Levi kept his arms around the boy trying to comfort him through his bad dream. "Levi." He heard Eren mumble. "Yes?" Levi answered back. "Levi." Eren called again but louder. Levi heard the panic in Eren's tone as he called his name. "Eren?" Levi questioned, only to hear the same reply. "Levi!" Eren's said in a distressed tone. Levi had realized by now that Eren's dream was worsening somehow and he was still trapped in his dream. Levi lightly shook Eren in attempt to wake the boy up.

Eren woke up to meet a familiar pair of grey eyes. "Levi?" Eren said in a panicky, yet relieved tone. "Sorry to wake you like that but you were having a nightmare, and it seemed bad. You kept repeating my name over and over." Levi said with a very concerned face. "I don't think it was a nightmare, it couldn't have been, it felt to real. It felt like I was actually there, almost like a vision." Eren said scooting closer to Levi and hugging him tightly. "A vision I would like to avoid." Eren said burying his face in the crook of Levi's neck. "What was in this vision?" Levi asked holding the frightened boy. "I-I don't remember, I just remember feeling sad and scared." Eren said trying to recall what he had just witnessed in his dream, but to no prevail.

Eren explained to Levi the best he could of the emotions he had felt throughout the now forgotten dream. "I remember feeling really confused. Then I was sad, It was almost like a aching in my heart, like all hope was lost. Next I remember feeling frustrated, ignored, scared, lost, empty, and lastly I felt devastated." Eren said going through the list of emotions. He tried to go in order the best he could at first but he was starting to forget what order they went in, so he just said them all at once.

"That must have been one hell of a dream." Levi said sympathetically. "I guess, but shouldn't I remember it?" Eren said a little confused. "If it had that much impact over my emotions shouldn't I have some memory of it?" Eren said a bit frustrated, almost like the dream was in sight but just out of reach from his memories. "Maybe your subconscious doesn't want you to remember it?" Levi said throwing out suggestions. "It made an impact in a negative way. So maybe your mind built a barrier for protection against the negativity." Levi pointed out as a theory. "I mean it's a possibility." Eren said considering the idea.

"Do you think you can fall back asleep?" Levi asked Eren as the boy let out another yawn. "I can try." "Okay, I'll be right here the whole time." Levi said brushing Eren's hair away from his forehead and placing a kiss on it. Eren smiled softly. "Oh come on you can give me a better smile than that." Levi said before placing little kisses all over Eren's cheeks and neck causing Eren to giggle. Eren smiled brightly as Levi attacked him with kisses. Levi stopped and rested his head on Eren's shoulder. "There's the smile I was looking for." Levi said poking Eren's cheek. Eren smiled as he rested his head on Levi's head that was still on his shoulder.

After a few moments of the calming silence Eren said that he was ready to try and fall back asleep. Levi nodded and they both laid down. Levi made sure to keep an extra firm grip on the boy, hoping it would make him feel safe and secure. They got in there normal sleeping positions of Eren on Levi's chest and their legs tangled together as they held each other close. Eren closed his eyes and Levi drifted off to sleep. Eren's thoughts died down after a few minutes of listening to Levi's steady breathing. He let his eyes close completely as he fell asleep.