The Rays of Dawn [The Darkened Time Series Book 2] ~ 15

Start from the beginning

I ran up to the car, ducked, and leapt onto the trunk, then onto the roof. I knew the chances of not getting noticed were slim if I stayed on the trunk for even more than a few seconds, and even the roof had bad possibilities. I lay down, trying to be as slim and unnoticeable as I could.

And we sped off to a fate unknown.

---/---

A man walked up to a large screen, in a room full of darkness. Other men joined him around a round table. The table had exactly twenty-six chairs, an odd amount, but one that made sense whatsoever.

His name was Jade, and he was not any ordinary person. He was in charge of over six hundred people, found in various organizations everywhere. He was also an expert at capturing pokemon, something he had already done thousands of times.

He looked around the table as the three missing people sat down.

Every single person there was special because of one thing- power. He noticed a few people he had fought against before.

The screen flickered to life.

The shape of a region appeared, which happened to be the region they had all gathered in right then.

A voice came out of the speakers, cold and crisp.

"How wonderful of you all to gather here. Today, we have accheived our goal."

The room remained silent.

"One hundred million poke- done. We have reached our goal of 150,000,000 poke. In fact, we have surpassed it, at 162,543,792 Poke, a number that is constantly growing as we - I speak. It is time for us to do what we have been planning for the last ten years. Some of you have only joined in the last five. No matter what you've done, we are nearly ready."

The glowing region suddenly became 3-D as large patches of red appeared on it, the former green almost wiped out.

"In two days, we attack. Nothing can stop us now. We are ready. It is time to take this region as ours. Not long afterward, we shall be able to move on to other regions. In less than two month's time, we will have enough power... to become the ultimate rulers."

"How many regions are we planning to take?" asked one.

"So far, I have located six possible threats."

"Thank you," replied the man.

"Now, is this clear? Each of you knows what you each must accheive?"

"Yes," they said, as if as one.

"This meeting... is over."

The screen blinked out, and each person stood and walked quickly out of the room. Whether they were teammates or not, every once and a while one of them mysteriously disappeared. And none of them wanted to disappear.

---/Flygon/---

I watched as my pokeball was lifted from somewhere, and I barely felt alive, half unconscious, when I was taken out of the pokeball, and quickly strapped to a table. My throat, my arms, my tiny legs, and my tail.

Had I been a little more... sane, I might have freaked out.

"Ugh..."

I fully opened my eyes.

A determined face met mine.

The man was holding a knife above his head.

For the first time, I really noticed I was strapped down.

I started to really get scared.

I started to calm down as I heard an alarm start to blare loudly.