A hard choice

________ Marshall's POV _____

I stroked through my hair quietly while I looked down on the mixing board with an expressionless look on my face.

"Uncle? Where's Hailie ??" I heard Alaina shout as she opened the door to the studio. I coughed short and turned around.

"Have you checked here room? I asked when I met her gaze, she nodded. "Weird, and she ain't anywhere else?" She shook her head. I bit my lower lip thoughtfully.

"Oh! Never mind, I can hear her talking to Whitney upstairs!" She said with a smile and closed the door when she ran up the stairs. I looked at the door with a sigh and got up, I opened the door cautiously and peeked out. "Don't come in here right now girls, I gotta work!" I shouted.

"Okay! Love you!" They shouted in unison back, I smiled and looked down at the floor.

"I love you too ..." I said quietly and closed the door, and locked it. I leaned my forehead against the door while I closed my eyes, I began to breathe heavier and heavier, until some tears managed to push themselves forward.

Our baby ... Me and Alex's ... And she doesn't know because of me. I hit the door hard a couple of times while I sobbed loud, fucking hell ... I'm so fucking glad that the studio is soundproof.

I turned around and wiped my cheeks quickly with my jacket sleeve, I sat down in the chair again. I took out a crumpled sheet in my pocket and opened it. I looked at it with a sad look, before I crumpled it up, took a lighter and lit it. I looked at the paper burn, saw the words to rhymes slowly fade away and the truth burning slowly. I threw the paper into the bin and saw all that was in the bin slowly burn up along with the paper.

I continued to stare at the countless small drawings I had drawn of how I thought the baby to me and Alex would look like. With her brown eyes and brown hair ... I saw the words covering sheet, but kept looking at one special. "Our baby ..." Until the entire sheet burned up along with everything else in the trash.

I looked away with a sigh and wiped away a tear that had managed to fight his way forward. She must know it some day ... But what is she going to say ... She's going to hate me for it ... I sniffed hard and picked up a blunt, twirled it between my fingers with a pensive gaze. Holy shit, I could use this right now ...

I put it away with a sigh and sniffled briefly before I sat up properly and began to mix some beats, I know Dre told me not to make beats and focus on writing, but right now I really need to just let myself a little loose.

But ... Tomorrow, Alex'll be home, and then I have to pull myself together. I'll have to say it, even if she is going to be so damn mad at me, but she deserves to know the truth... And besides, I need her, this is slowly killing me... I need her and I know she's going to need --- Or ... Do I know she's going to need me? What if she'd rather need Stacy ??? Fuck ... Now I'm not sure on what to do... Should I tell her and maybe lose her because I kinda lied to her? Or not tell her, and let it slowly kill me? Man...