Don't leave like that?

"Wait, what the hell just happened right here ??" I said and ran out after him, he turned to me and met my gaze.

"I don't know, what did you take it as ..." He said, I looked at him sour.

"That's why I'm asking, what I think can't be true." I said, a little rougher than I had planned. He rolled his eyes at me.

"I don't wanna try being romantic, I only want the physica ----"

"I got that part...." He raised his eyebrows at me. "... You're saying if anything's happening between us, it would be sex and nothing else in a while?" I asked with big eyes when the pieces fell into place.

"Yup. If anything's happening between us, it would't be exactly what you wanted for a while. Get it now?" I stared at him with wide eyes.

Nothing more than sex ... No romance, he tried at least before ... I'm going to ... I'm going to feel like a whore! I met his gaze. I want him, don't get me wrong, but I don't want him like that ... I want him as I had. I don't want him in this way, although it pains to admit it ... But if he says yes now, why did he say no from the start at all??

"Why did you say no from the start if you budge now?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest, he met my gaze.

"Because I know you, I know you won't accept this. You're not that kinda girl, and I like that about you. I said yes to get you to think about the whole thing ..." He said, I looked at him quietly ...

"Alex !!!!" We both looked up at the top of the stairs when Stacy appeared. "Oh, ehm ... Is this a bad timing?" Marshall turned and met my gaze, I could see in his eyes that he had more to say, but ...

"No, what's up?" He looked at me quietly while I looked up at Stacy.

"You gotta leave tomorrow, for New York. The rehearsals starts tomorrow." She said, I nodded.

"You doing a movie?" Marshall asked, I met his gaze.

"No, a play ..." I replied, looking down at the ground.

"Mhm ... Ehrm, what's the name of it?"

"Romeo And Juliet." I looked up at him. "Ironic isn't it?" He looked at me quietly. "Ironic how I'm getting the romance I need from there, but no sex. Here I get no romance or feelings, but sex."

"Alex ---"

"Marshall. We're best friends, still. But from your ex's POV: This is the stupidest thing you may ever do ... From your best friends POV: How many hookers did you sleep with last night ?? And before you answer, your best friend has been in love with you for ages, so either way you'd break my heart by answering that ... Anyways, I gotta pack my stuff." I said, and walked up the stairs past him. He quickly had his hand in mine and held me back, I turned towards him with raised eyebrows.

"Don't leave like that, please ..." He said quietly and looked at me.

"I'm not, I'm leaving tomorrow, I got plenty of time to leave like that." I said, and pulled my hand to me and walked up the stairs.

Game on, bitch.