The necklace

------ 1999 ------

Two years have passed, two years and in thosee years everything has changed ...

I have two giant changes in my life, and both are going to shock you as much. And a minor problem, if one can call it that ...

Well, we can start with the "little" problem first ...

I found out why I saw Marshall as if he were there, as if he were a ghost somehow. I went to a psychologist ... The most humiliating I've ever done ... I explained to him from my perspective and then he asked me thing after thing after thing ....

It took a while, but he eventually said it ... I was in love with my best friend, and I missed him so much that I envisioned him how I wanted him. I could of course have figured that out yourself, don't you think? Well, it has gotten worse ...

Now comes one of the two giant changes: I have neither seen nor talked to Marshall in one year ...

You heard right, ever since the signing to Interscope Records I haven't seen a trace of him, but there's really nothing strange since I now live in New York ... Again.

Which brings me to the second giant change, I am a model. Yup. Turns out, "Esteban" or what I found out his name was, Rico, really liked me and would help my career further. So now I am a loyal model in Vogue.

Yup, I'm totally girl now! Haha! Some recognize me even in the street, but back to Marshall.

I sighed to myself and went to the window that looked towards New York.

"You promised, and you still forgot me..." I said to myself and twisted the necklace around my fingers, and immediately my mind went completely over to Marshall as he appeared as usual up beside me. I looked over at him sad.

"Don't open it, unless you think I've forgotten you. Promise me that..." he said and was gone, I looked at the empty space where my twisted head would want him to be standing a few seconds earlier and sniffled as I looked down at the necklace in my hand.

"Oh y ..." I said when I understood what he meant, I loosened the lock on the necklace and sat down on the sofa smiling, I was just about to open the necklace when Stacy burst in the door of my apartment. I looked up and met her eyes slightly sour.

-Don't Be so sad! Anyways! You've got a interview! She said smiling, I met her gaze.

"Me? A interview ?? WHY?" I laughed and shook my head.

"The last gig you did, they wanna talk to you about your life. Well, since the theme of the photoshoot was "My Life" and you talked very little about your life in the magazine, freak." She said, Stacy had become my agent, if one can say it that way .... I sighed and nodded toward her understandable.

"So, do I have to be honest about everything?" I asked and met her gaze again, she looked at me as if I had to be joking ... I sighed once again. "Great, Tell them that I want a Latté and I'll be there... I said, Stacy winked at me smiling and took up her mobile. Handy little things...

"Something else, Alex ??" She asked as she took the phone to her ear, I shook my head and gave her a quick smile as she walked into the kitchen so I sat alone.

I looked down at the necklace again and smiled as short memories that flowed on by the image on the front. I exhaled to prepare myself and opened the locket, it was a crumpled sheet of paper in there. I took it out and folded up the small sheet and got a huge shock.

In small block letters, it said:

"It wasn't a mistake, Alex. I love you."