But how did you know?

Marshall came into the locker room after his performance and smiled to me when I met his gaze. I'd seen it all on the TV in the locker room, and holy shit he was good! AND funny! Haha!

He pulled me close to him and kissed me lightly before he met the eyes of Proof, let go around me and took the towel he handed him to wipe his face

"Thanks dawg, but how did you know?" He asked, Proof looked at him smiling.

"Man, you loved Alex when she was boyish and one of the guys, now she's a fucking model! I would be fucking surprised if nothing happened between you guys ..." he said and laughed, I smiled at him and met the eyes of Marshall again.

"So, how long will you be in New York?" I asked, eveything went quiet and Marshall got a little tormented look in her eyes.

"Uhm ... About that. You wanna move back to Detroit with me?" He asked, I looked at him with huge eyes.

"Marshall, I ... I--" started, but he stopped me in fear for my answer.

"I don't have a nice house, or fancy cars ... I can't afford it, cause the money isn't there yet, y'know ... But it doesn't mean we can't have a great time together!"

"I know that, but--" 

"And Hailie miss you! She hasnt seen you in a whole year!"

"Marshall! He met my gaze sad. "I can't move, I have work here! Marshall ..." I said sorry and tried to stroke him gently over his cheek, but he walked past me and sat down on the couch behind me.

I turned around and he looked into his eyes.

"Long distance relationship won't work, Alex ... It never does ..." he said quietly, I sighed and nodded to him.

Stacy, Brian and Proof looked at our discussion quietly from a corner until I met the eyes of Stacy, she nodded and went with them other two out. That was a good thing with Stacy, you didn't have to say anything to make her understand.

I sat down on the couch next to him and he leaned towards me, we kissed briefly and met the eyes of each other.

"Do you love me?" I asked, he nodded once.

"Of course ..." he said and smiled sadly.

"And I love you, we've both loved each other for a long time. A long time a part as well, this will just be the second time ... It won't change anything ..." I said quietly, he sighed and shook his head.

"It will change everything ... I DO love you, Alex ... You have no idea how much, but I still love Kim. Nothing can change those feelings, no matter what I will always love her. Even though I fucking hate her, I still love her ... It's fucked up, I know ..."

"Where are you going with this ..." I asked a little sad over what he said, but I was responsive and wanted him to continue. To get it out.

He looked me in the eye again, quite seriously.

"My point is, Kim still lives in Detroit ... What if I ... What if I forget you and get back together with her!" He said and pulled his hair.

Yeah... What if....