Love and tears

I stood in front the glass door out to the pool and looked at it raining while I held the medallion in my hand and looked down on the drops as they landed in the pool and made circles in the water.

I opened the locket and unfolded the crumpled sheet with a smile, his small handwriting had become somewhat weaker over the years, but I had taken good care of it and made sure that it didn't disappear completely. Fortunately, memories are something that never disappear ...

It wasn't a mistake, Alex. I love you.

Suddenly I felt some arms around my waist and someone leaned on my shoulder, I chuckled.

"Hello there ..." I said smiling, he started kissing my neck, I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip while I leaned my head back. He turned me around, I leaned against the glass door as I looked into his blue eyes, I ruffled his now brown/blonde hair. He took the paper in my hand in his and looked down at his tiny handwriting.

"Damn... How long has it been now ..." he asked without looking up from the small sheet.

"Let's see ... You were 19, I was turning 18 ... 19 ... 91. 1991." Nodded I after thinking a little.

"Damn, you're old..." He laughed, I rolled my eyes and met his gaze while I turned around towards him with raised eyebrows.

"You're older than me, smart ass. You're the old one here!" He pushed me up to the glass door with a smile.

"Sure about that? You want me to prove it..?" he said and looked me in the eyes.

"Not now." I said with wide eyes as I shook my head with a slight smile while I pushed him away and put the sheet back in my medallion.

"Tease." He pointed out acidic and met my gaze as I turned around again, he fell down on the couch in a big sigh, I looked at him quietly as I opened the fridge.

"What was the name of that rap you made ... Super ..?" He looked up at me quizzically.

"You mean Superman?" I nodded and got out a Red Bull. "Why?"

"Nothing ..." I smiled secretfull, he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Come on, what's up with it?" He laughed and stood up from the couch and walked toward me slowly.

"Nothing, just ... As we're talking about teasing ... I just thought of that ..." I muttered, he raised his eyebrows at me in a grin as he leaned against the kitchen counter and looked at me.

"I can't be your Superman, and bitch you make me hurl, is teasing to you ..?" He laughed, I met his gaze.

"Excuse me, but have you even seen your own music video !? You're hard to get and sexy." He raised his eyebrows at me smiling and shook his head, I sighed and walked over to him. "Come here..." I said and put my arms around his shoulders and kissed him lightly, he put his arms around my waist and pulled me up to him. I let go of the kiss and looked into his eyes smiling, he looked into my eyes serious. "Why so serious ..." I said with a pout, he smiled briefly.

"I'm just thinking ..." He said, I chuckled.

"Then stop thinking, it's not good for your humor ..." He rolled his eyes.

"If I stopped thinking and just acted on my instincts, we'd be fucking right now ..." I laughed and bit my lower lip.

"Really?" I brought my hand up over his body slowly, he looked into my eyes. "Why do you think all the time then, whiteboy ..?" He chuckled briefly and let his hands rest on my hips. Carefully he brought his hand up to my bruised cheek, I closed my eyes and focused on his touch. The small pain that burned through my cheek of his gentle touch slid away from my mind ...

"Don't let anyone tell you, you ain't beautiful ... Be proud of who you are ... Anybody who say differently can all get fucked, just stay true to you ..." I opened my eyes as a tear ran down my cheek, he looked into my eyes and wiped my cheek gently. He got a thoughtful gleam in his eyes and he began to mumble something gently.

"What?" I asked, putting my hand on his cheek, he met my gaze with wide eyes.

"Give me a pen." He said quickly, I got big eyes and ran to the kitchen. I got a pen and a paper. I ran over to him and he pulled it out of my hands. He sat down at the table and began to write down in his small handwriting.

"Oh my god, you're writing again..." I said with wide eyes, he said nothing and continued to scribble down. I looked over his shoulders and got deciphered forward words like: Shoes, Beautiful and Me ... I gasped briefly when I brought out a whole sentence: The fact that I may be done with rap, I need a new outlet ... He noticed my gasp.

"I'm not quitting." He stopped writing and met my gaze, before he looked over at Proof's framed jacket hanging on the wall. "I'mma raise from these ashes, for you ..." He kissed me lightly. "And him." I smiled at him and looked at the jacket while I took Marshall's hand in mine.

"I love you ..." I said without dropping my gaze from Proof's jacket.

"I love you too ..." Marshall said back and squeezed my hand gently, both our eyes looked at the jacket. I felt the tears push and looked at the floor while I sniffled.

"I miss him, Marshall ..." I squealed, he pulled me up to him in a hug and shushed me quietly. "He brought us together in the first place ... Without him, I wouldn't have been in the same room as you that day ..." He said nothing and ran his hand over my back. But just that he was here, was all the consolation I needed. And he knew it, I held him tightly and sobbed into his shoulder while my mind went back to when times were much simpler, when everything fit together and nothing was difficult ...

Back to when Proof found me and Marshall wasted at the bar and got us into that room together ...