The call that changed everything

I was watching TV when I heard Marshall come running down the stairs, I looked up at him questioningly, hoping to meet his gaze. But he ran right out without saying anything, I got up from the couch and ran to the front door as I heard the car start.

"Marshall!" I cried, he quickly put up speed and droveout. What the heck? What happened?? He ignored me as if I was part of a damn wall, what the hell ?? I picked up my phone and dialled his number and took my phone up to my ear. It answered at the other end, but no one spoke. "Marshall ?? What's up ??" I asked quickly and laughed a nervous laugh, but the laughter ebbed quickly when I heard a sniff at the other end. "Marshall?!" I asked again.

"I'll be right back, just stay there ---"

"No, tell me what's going on. What's up ?!!" I said quickly, he was fucking crying! He can't even hide it, and he's great at hiding his feelings and now he just can't do it!!

"Alexis. Stay home, I'll be right there." He said, his voice broke at the end.

"Marshall Mathers, you better tell me what's wrong!" I said strictly, even I started to get tears in my eyes. He was quiet for long. With sniffs here and there.

"Proof, I'm on my way to the hospital --- Hold up, I gotta take this call." He said and hung up, Proof ?! What did he mean by that! What happened to Proof !! Why is he crying! What happened!? IS PROOF OKEY !?

I pulled on my shoes and ran out of the house, locked the door behind me and jumped into my car. I drove out of the driveway and onto the main road towards the hospital.

What happened, why Proof. What's happening?! I'm so confused! The only thing I know is that it's Proof and that Marshall is on the way to the hospital! My God, what if ... NO, he can't .... My phone rang, I put it on spieaker as I answered.

"What's going on !? I'm on my way to the Hospit ---" I stopped talking when I saw the car at the roadside and drove in behind it. Marshall sat crouched behind the car with his phone in his hand, I walked over to him and sat on down on my knees in front of him. Carefully I put my hand on his knee, he didn't move at all and just shook even more. "What happened with him ..." I asked and was tearful, I had a clue, but I didn't want to believe it, cause it couldn't happen to him. He can't be hurt, please not him...

"He's ..." Marshall sobbed loudly again and jumped up, he pulled his hair and yelled before he fell together on his knees again and breathed heavily. "He's fucking gone." He said and burst out in tears, I got big eyes. No ... he ... Gone? What does he mean by gone !? WHAT DOES HE MEAN THAT HE'S GONE ?!

"Gons, please not like ... Not like ... Gone-gone?" I asked and met his gaze when he looked up, he had red eyes and a lost gaze.

"He's ..." He collapsed again. "He's dead."