Rehab

"Full name please?" Asked the lady behind the counter, he coughed briefly.

"Marshall Bruce Mathers ..." he said and looked around the room.

"Age?"

"35 ..." He looked over at me, I held his shaking hand in mine and smiled at him comforting.

"Oldie." I said with a grin, he chuckledand sighed to himself.

"And why are you here?" She looked up at him, he swallowed hard and looked down.

"I'm an addict ..." He muttered, I strokedover his back calming.

"To..?" He squeezed my hand in his.

"Pills and stuff ..."

"You have to be more specific, Mr. Mathers ..." He sighed.

"Xanax, Methadone, Valium, Vicodin, ecstasy ... I'm also an ... Alcoholic ... I smoke weed, basically every day ..." She nodded and wrote it down, I didn't know it was that much ... I felt the nausea build up again, damn it !! Why the hell am I nauseous all the damn time...

"Okay, Mr. Mathers. If you and Ms. Cubard can follow me and I'll show you your room." She smiled and picked up a bundle of papers, we followed her to the room. It was actually quite nice here, it looked more like a hotel / spa than a rehabilitation center. "We have room 314 for you ..." He leaned toward me.

"Not 313? Now I'm disappointed ..." He whispered in my ear, I rolled my eyes at him. We walked into the room and I let go of his hand, he sat down on the bed and put his bag on the floor in front of him. He looked around quietly, I turned to the lady behind me.

"So, he can write as he wants right?" I said quickly, she nodded.

"Yes, it's good for the Patients to have something else to think about, it will not be a problem." She said and smiled at me easily. "You can stay for 30 minutes, Ms. Cubard. I'll be back when you have to leave." I nodded and she closed the door as she left. I turned toward him.

"See? No problem ---" I held my mouth and ran into the bathroom, I threw up in the toilet. Marshall came right after me and held my hair away.

"You've been sick all day, what's up ??" He asked uneasy, I turned toward him slowly and met his gaze.

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M A DOCTOR ..." I said pissed, he got big eyes and raised his hands towards me.

"Damn, relax woman!" He said and looked at me questioningly. I didn't bother to apologize, I just rolled my eyes and got up from the floor. He followed me as I walked toward the door. "You on your period or something?" I made a sour sound towards him.

"No ...." I said sour, he took my hand in his and quickly turned me around. He looked into my eyes.

"Tell me. I don't want you to leave me here when you're obviously pissed at me." He said, looking at me seriously, I put my forehead against his chest and tears began to flow.

"I'm not pissed at you ..." I sobbed into his chest, he looked at me quizzically as he put his arms around me.

"Okay ..." He said quietly, he didn't expect me to cry. "It's okay, don't cry Whitegirl ...." I smiled briefly and wiped the tears quickly when the door was opened and the lady came walking in again. I sighed and let go of him.

"Visitor Hours are over for the day, Ms. Cubard ..." She said, I nodded and smiled at him quickly.

"You be good, Whiteboy." I laughed, he rolled his eyes.

"I'll try to behave ..." He chuckled sarcastic, I rolled my eyes with a little smile and kissed him quickly.

"I'll come back tomorrow, I promise." He nodded and I sent him one last smile before I walked out the door and out to the car. While I walked over the parkinglot, my thoughts swirled in my head over what had happened ... Not only the fact that Marshall was now at a rehabilitation center, but what we had talked about.

I sat in the car and stared in front of me, down in the cold asphalt.

When was the last time I had ... A month ... I got big eyes ... I was 2 weeks late with my period...