My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 74

Start from the beginning

They all though I had gotten kidnapped? I didn’t mean to make anyone panic, I was just trying to get my mind off things.

“Sorry, I didn’t think that going for a walk would cause so much trouble.” I murmured, guilty.

“It’s not that! You can go for a walk whenever you want, just let someone know so we know what’s going on.” Daniel said, kind of like a father.

Marie and Daniel called everyone back, saying that I had returned and everyone was back in a couple seconds of the call. First one back was Alec. I’m not surprised though, he was probably the most worried. As soon as he saw me, I was crushed into his arms.

“Don’t worry me like that!! You nearly gave me a heart attack!” Alec chided.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you and everyone else. I was just trying to get my mind off, you know.” I said, not looking him in the eyes.

He instantly understood, and forgave me. I hugged him back, snuggling into him. Everyone came back to see Alec and I hugging, and started chattering.

“Thank gosh your ok!!” Bells hugged me.

“Don’t scare us like that girl!” Olive went next, wrapping her arms around me.

“You know, I think we should put a leash on you.” Brendan joked, ruffling my hair.

“Where you been, kiddo?” Oscar asked, smiling at me.

“Tell someone when you leave, sweetie, you worried us!!” Stephanie exclaimed, hugging me.

“Don’t do that to us.” John said, sternly, yet I could tell he was as worried as everyone and not the tiniest bit mad.

“Sorry, I made you guys worry. I just kind of realized how much time was left and I panicked so I went to take a walk. I didn’t think it would cause so much trouble.” I looked down.

“It’s ok, Alex. You’ve been under way too much pressure. I just realized, when we couldn’t find you, that was a lot of stress and worry and you feel like that all the time. I would never be able to do that.” Olive commented.

“Yeah, I’m glad you’re Lifest and not me. I don’t think I could take that!” Bells commented, her eyes widening.

“You were definitely made for the job, kid.” Jack said, smiling at me.

“And we would have never met if you hadn’t become Lifest.” Jacob mentioned.

I smiled at everyone. This stress was really getting to me. I suddenly remembered my wolf’s and I’s conversation.

“Hey guys. Is there something you’re keeping from me? I can tell there is something that you’re not telling me, what’s up?” I asked, politely.

I felt everyone sigh, everyone but Alec, so he didn’t know either, that thought comforted me somewhat.

“We are hiding something, BUT before you get mad. What we’re not telling you will come in handy if you turn evil, so that’s why we’re not telling you. Trust us on this please?” Marie stated.

“Ok, I’m not mad. I had a feeling you were hiding something from me but also had a feeling that you would tell me if or when I needed it, like everyone always tells us.” I told them, calmly.

This seemed to shock everyone. Usually when I wasn’t in the loop, I would get mad or upset, but I had realized the pattern this time, that they always told me when I needed it, and these people really were on my side, so I had no reason to think they were against me.