My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 68

Start from the beginning

I fell asleep for about an hour at max. I couldn’t sleep without her. I missed having her so close to me, while we slept. I miss waking up to her peaceful sleeping face. As I woke up, I saw Olive and Bells on the other side of Alex’s bed. They were looking down at Alex, sadly and guiltily. They hadn’t noticed I had woken up.

“We’re sorry Alex. We really want to be your best friends. We want you to trust us. We want you to love us as much as we love you. We’re going to try to fix this, just for you.” Bells apologized. 

“We’ll try our hardest to make everything happier for you, even if it means we’re miserable. We’re really sorry for what we’ve done Alex. Please forgive us.” Olive apologized too.

“If you really mean it, she’ll forgive you.” I said, softly.

This startled them, considering that they hadn’t known I was awake.

“We’re sorry, Alec. We’re going to try to make everything better. First, by joining your side, but we’re going to say we’re still on their side.” Bells explained to me.

“Yeah, so we can still get information on what’s going on, on that side.” Olive explained further, again, with fewer words.

“Are you sure? I’m not sure I can trust you people anymore.” I told them.

They flinched at this, and had really guilty faces, so I figured they were being genuine here.

“Welcome to the good side.” I said, smirking a little.

“Thank you.” They said, quietly, exiting afterwards.

I just stared at Alex for a while, wondering when she’d wake up. I had a feeling that she wouldn’t take too long and that she was trying to wake up as I thought this.

“Alec, can I talk to you?” asked a voice from behind.

It was Josh; he was standing by the door, playing with his hands nervously. I smiled at that, he was probably here to apologize too.

“I’m sorry, Alec. I really wanted to do something for Alex, for always being there for me, even when she didn’t know we were related. She’s like a big sister to me, even though we’re the same age. No matter how hard I try to hide something, it never gets past Alex. She’s always the first one to know when something’s wrong or when I want to talk about something but can’t. I wanted to tell her from the start that she was my cousin, I really did. I just couldn’t though. I wish I had though, and sooner, so she knew what she was going up against.” Josh apologized.

“Let me guess. Now you want to go to my side, without telling the other side that you’re on my side.” I said, smirking.

“Yeah, I also wish that Alex would forgive me for what’s I’ve done.” He said.

“Well, she was really hurt that you didn’t tell her; especially when you tell her everything and anything, no matter what time of the day or how trivial.” I started off.

He looked really sad as I said that. I knew he really had wanted to tell her, he was fighting himself internally, which causes a lot stress.

“I also know that she forgave you. She loves you too much to hold a grudge. Actually, I don’t think Alex is able to hold a grudge.” I said, much to his happiness.

“Really?! Thanks Alec.” Josh said, relived.

Josh also left, happily and reassured. I knew that Josh really wanted to tell her, he loved Alex as Jacob does, the brotherly, protective, yet playful type. The only one left was Andrew, and I knew he would come soon, I had thought he would come first.