My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 67

Start from the beginning

I growled at him, to show him I was seriously pissed off. He only smiled back at me, mockingly.

“Ok.” I said, defeated.

“That’s a good girl. I always knew you wouldn’t let anyone do anything to your precious loved ones. Your weakness, and soon to be downfall is that you get attached to things to quickly and easily.” Alpha Williams said.

“At least I have something. If I didn’t have anything or anyone, then I’d turn out like you.” I growled at him.

“Oh but you will. Evil will consume you on your 18th birthday. That’s what I’m trying to stop.” He said.

“You don’t know me, and never will. I’ve got a lot of good in me and the faith of all my friends and family, that’s all I need to stay good.” I told him.

I snatched the poison and drank it in one gulp.

“Goodbye, Lifest.” He whispered.

The world turned black, and everything faded.

My last thought was: So this is what death is like.

Alec’s POV

She drank it!!! She actually drank it!! For us!!! Is she freaking nuts?! As soon as she drank the poison, we were all released. She fell limp, and I immediately rushed to catch her before she hit the floor. Everyone else rushed to get Alpha Williams. He tried to use his powers to get away but apparently his borrowed powers left him. We caught him.

I couldn’t hear Alex’s breathing. I checked her pulse and there was none. My world was crashing down as the realization she was dead set in.

“If we get Alex to the healers in about an hour then they might be able to save her!! Hurry!!” Stephanie ordered.

I took everyone’s hands and Alex’s body and teleported all the way to the healer’s house. I didn’t even knock, just ran in holding Alex’s limp body in my arms.

“MARIE, MARIA, MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yelled as loud as I could.

They were here in an instant. As soon as they saw Alex’s limp body in my arms they went into action, they took her cold, lifeless body out of my arms and took her into another room. This time I wasn’t allowed in, no matter how hard I tried to argue back.

“If you want her to live stay here!” Mary yelled.

That got me to stay. I quietly sat down in the other room, with everyone else. Stephanie and John went to go get some people. In about no time, Jack, John, Jacob, Mom, Dad, Bell, Olive, Andrew, Josh, Jessie Jason and Carrie were all here. The room had begun to get crowded but no one was willing to leave Alex in her time of need. We all wanted to make sure she would live. If she didn’t, I didn’t know what would happen.

I was so worried Alex was really going to die this time. She had already been close to death once and that was one too many times. I couldn’t imagine what life would be like without my baby girl. I needed her more than she realized. I needed her like humans need food and water. I needed her to be ok, I couldn’t live without her. I was worrying myself sick, despite everyone’s pathetic attempts to cheer me up. I think I had been sitting there for 3 days already, while everyone was temporarily living in the house.

“Alec, may we talk with you?” Marie asked.

I instantly stood up. After three days of just sitting in that chair, waiting, I was stiff and aching all over. That was nothing compared to Alex’s condition though.