My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 66

Start from the beginning

“Andrew, you watched over her, and I’m sure she was very happy about the necklace, but you never once came up to her, and told her you were brother, you probably didn’t even need to tell her you were brother, you could have just come up to her, pretended to be a random stranger, that would have been enough for her.”

“Jessie and Jason, you know what you’ve done, but I’m going to say it out loud. You abandoned her, you gave both Suzy and Andrew, real proof you were their parents, while you only gave Alex a picture of you, thinking you were her grandparents, and a one day visit on her birthday acting as random strangers, that wasn’t enough. You also told Andrew and Suzy they had powers, where Alex needed to know, since she was to use them to save the world. You also told Andrew and Suzy they had siblings, where Alex was left alone, all by herself, not knowing, who, or what she was.” I told them, disgusted with them.

“Is that it? Now that you know your mistakes, will you fix them?” I asked.

“No, you won’t. Even if you wanted to you, you can’t. Alex doesn’t give second chances; your first was your last. You all wasted it like it was nothing. Now you’re all going to sit there and regret it.” I answered for them.

(Alec, can you come here?) I heard Alex ask me in her head.

(Yeah, I’m coming) I thought back.

(You know where I am, right?) She asked.

(Of course, I’ll be right there, baby girl.) I thought right back.

“I’m going to go get her. When I come back, I want all of you out of here; go to your dorms. She’s going to get some sleep, and we’ll see you tomorrow.” I ordered all of them. 

“I think we’ll just leave.” Jason said.

“No. You are to go to your dorms, as well. I will see you tomorrow and we’ll talk about it then.” I commanded him, daring him to defy me.

He and Jessie left along with everyone else. I quickly teleported to the willow tree Alex seemed to love so much. Before I knew it, I was already there. Alex was on her back, looking up at the sky, which was invisible due to the leaves and branches in her way. I quietly approached her, and put my hand over her eyes. She stiffened before calming down.

“Guess who?” I asked, kissing her cheek.

“Alec.” Her voice broke a little.

I felt liquid coming out of her eyes, and pouring down her cheeks. I instantly removed my hands from her eyes. She looked up at me, the tears still pouring down. I was instantly concerned for her.

“What’s wrong, baby girl?” I asked, as she sat up and faced me.

“I want to forget about everything. I want to go back to the healer’s house.” She confessed.

“Why?” I asked, not getting it.

“We didn’t have to worry about anything there. Sure I might have been dying there, but I was happy there, it felt like home, where I didn’t have to worry about anything and I could train without anything going wrong. I didn’t have to yell or shout in anger, but in happiness and excitement. There I didn’t want to leave, where I felt safe.” She told me.

“When is all this going to stop? When am I going to be happy? When will the world stop going after me? When can everyone be safe? When can I stop causing everyone to get hurt or die? When?” She cried out.

“After your 18th birthday.” Was my only answer.

It caused her to scoff, as if she didn’t believe me. At least I had gotten her to stop crying.