My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 58

Start from the beginning

“Honey—“ Mom started to talk.

“Answer the question!!! Did you think about my feelings?! Did you even care about me?!” I asked, suddenly very angry.

I felt everyone in the room take a step back. Everyone, except Alec. He actually took a step closer, bringing me closer to his chest. My back was to his chest, as him arms were around my waist. He was trying to calm me down, to no avail.

“Alex, please, calm down.” He whispered against my neck, where he had pressed his face.

My anger slowly faded, but it was still there, very close to the surface. Everyone knew that, and decided to trek carefully. Alec still didn’t let go, not that I wanted him to.

“Alex, we think we can save you.” Dad changed the topic.

“Yeah, how?” I asked.

“There are healers we know of. Special healers that can cure just about anything, they can even revive the dead, as we’ve heard. Of course, they’re in hiding, power like that would want to be stolen for evil purposes. You’ll have to come with us, though. We’ve arranged for them to meet with us, in order to heal you.” Mom explained.

At the idea of me leaving, Alec’s arms tightened around me. I also didn’t want to leave him, placed my hands on his hands that were resting on my stomach. I shook my head, no.

“I don’t want to leave.” I stated defiantly.

This shocked my parents, and even Alec.

“But, Honey, you’ll die if you don’t come with us.” Mom stated the obvious.

“This is my pack now, mom, I don’t want to leave. Alec, too, they’re both a part of me. I can’t leave them.” I stated.

This is the only place I can actually call home. It’s the one place that actually feels like home, and I’ve never had anything like that.

Alec, hearing my thoughts, came up with an idea.

“Mr. and Mrs. Caster, can I come with Alex? So she doesn’t have to leave two things at once.” Alec suggested.

Mom and dad thought this over. I knew I wasn’t going if Alec wasn’t going, so this wouldn’t be a hard decision to make. Apparently, mom and dad knew this too, so they agreed to let Alec come.

After they had agreed, Andrew and Suzy came rushing in, both still in their pajamas too. I guess I wasn’t the only one who was informed last.

“Mom, Dad!!!” Andrew exclaimed.

“Mommy, Daddy?” Suzy questioned.

It felt like a family reunion or just a family union because we’d never met before.

There were a lot of hugs and kisses going around. I, on the other hand, didn’t give any hugs or kisses. I felt betrayed, that my brother and sister were so willing to forgive our parents for abandoning them. I wouldn’t be so easy to forgive, I wouldn’t just let them walk into my life, and let them rule over it. I didn’t want any kind of parents anymore; I could take care of myself.

“Alex, don’t.” Alec whispered in my ear, listening to my train of thoughts.

I didn’t reply, not wanting to upset Alec too.

“Alex, they have a reason. Whatever they do, they have a reason for it. I’m sure whatever reason they have, it’s only for your benefit.” He said.

I still wouldn’t answer. He tightened his arms around me, sighing. Even if Alec was right, what difference would it make? They still left me, not knowing anything about who I really was.

For years, I always thought I would never fit in, I resigned to knowing I would never fit a while after that, but I knew if I had been raised with my mom and dad, brother and sister, then I wouldn’t feel so lonely all the time, I wouldn’t feel so out of place.

It was too late for that though, and I was still lost and out of place, not knowing exactly where I belonged. I would just have to deal with this at another time, though.

“When are we leaving?” I asked suddenly.

I surprised everyone by speaking up, and confused Andrew and Suzy.

“Tomorrow morning. You two wake up at about 1am and get ready. Eat breakfast and be outside by 2am.” Dad ordered.

Seeing the confused expression on our face, as to why we should wake up so early, mom replied.

“We’ve got a long way to go, and we can’t use regular transportation.” Mom answered, vaguely.

Andrew and Suzy were still confused, so we decided to fill them in. As soon as mom and dad were done explaining, Andrew spoke up.

“I want to go too!” He said, unexpectedly.

“Andrew, you can’t. The more members of the group we add, the harder it will be to get there.” Dad asked.

Andrew pouted and sulked for a while, but then got over it. He just wanted to make sure I would be safe, which was easily assured, since Alec was there to protect me. Suzy didn’t put up a fight, just made us promise we would come back, Mom and dad promised, but since Suzy assumed I would be back, I never promised to her. After all, I might not come back, considering I would be dead.

“How long do we have till the poison kills her?” Dad asked, worry showing on his face.

Eh? They already knew my predicament? Come to think of it, they knew before I had entered.

“I already told them.” Alec answered my unasked question.

That would explain why he was out of bed before I even woke up.

“A week, till I die.” I answered.

This shocked mom and dad, and they suddenly had panic all over their features.

“Why? How long will it take us to get there?” I asked.

“About a week.” They answered together.

Oh no! Now what?!

********* 

Ok! So her parents came back! Yay? Nay? What do you think? I want 35 comments and I'll upload