Chapter 80: Basil creeping into school?

Arabella's POV:

I saw as me Blind lover went to get herself ready. With her hair al braided up, she looked dead pretty. I snuck up on her and began brushing off some more things on her top. I could not stop myself from helping the girl.

"We wonder when he'll just pop the question," sighed Iris and she  her special eye wipes. "I do feel sorry for him, you know. All the times he wishes to ask Anastasia for her hand, there's always something else that happens."

"For example last night," I said. "We knew he was very close to asking."

"To bad," sighed Iris as she cleaned her fake eyes. "He can always have another go. Maybe when their alone so nothing can happen then."

"Do you fancy waiting until after brekkie for your Tie, Ira?" I asked as I walked over to where our ties her hung up.

""Aye, sound that." Spoke Iris who has just finished readying herself.

"Fine," I said spinning round and strolled over to Iris's backpack.

"what you up to?" Iris had made it to her bed,  getting it sorted.

"Not a thing," I fibbed.

I opened her bag up and very first thing I saw was her sweets. "Ah you did not have your sweets?"

"Er I forget I had them," admitted Iris. "With everything from last night happening had me forget to give them to Stasia to keep."

"Okay then!" I laughed.

Iris began to laugh. "Well that walk in training yesterday was actually worth it I guess, Bel. Yeah."

I stood up and sorted me bed. "But you can't use that knife."

"Then Maria should just bugger off!" Iris looked in me direction. "She is the reason, you know!"

"Fine, alright, Ira!" I looked to her. "I'm not having  a pop at you."

"Yeah, I know. Don't fret." Said Iris.

"We have to get our pumps on!" I said as I put mines on. "They on you right. me left!"

I stomped my left foot near Iris's pumps. The younger lass got them on and rose to her feet. Then we quickly went out the room..

***

Later in the day, we were in our History class. Iris were that in her graft that she wasn't paying mind to anything. Dahlia seemed proper worried. Poor girl. "Have you lot heard anything about Daisy yet? I hope you have."

"I'm sorry," I sighed. "But we haven't heard about Dais yet."

Iris have her head a wobble. Then carried on tapping away on her laptop. I gone back to me essay about the world wars, letting out a sigh. War's a right grim thing, innit. I'm finding this bit of history dead hard to wrap me head round.

"Hey! Is that a dog?" We all heard Solstice ask.

"Oh? A dog?" Dahlia glared at me.

I shook my head. 

"That can't be right," said the Instructor. "Get back to work. Least Miss Bailey's still grafting. And Miss Turner too."

"A course that you may," said the Teacher.

I went towards the bloody door. Then oppened it. It took me a few moments to actually realise what was happening. Basil was walking towards me, her cute tongue hanging out her gob. I walked out of the class and then slammed the door. The dog was here!

"Basil?" Went right to the dog. "What is you doing here, love?"

Basil rubbed against me, looking at me with her beautiful eyes. "Now how on earth did you get in?"

"Don't you have class to be in, Miss Turner!" Alice went up the other direction. "Ah, That is one fine dog you got there."

"She is Basil," I told. "Haven't a clue how she got in though."

"I did let her in," said a voice up the hall. "She looked proper alone and I wanted to fi that."

"Ay, Henry," sighed Alice. "What will the head think, huh?"

"I reckon I wouldn't mind!" Miss Barns went to us pair. "That is the most lovely dog I've seen ever!"

Basil slapped her tail. She then gave a bark of joy. Suddenly, the door swung open behind me as Iris and Dahlia came on out. Iris were grinning mad. "Seems Basil crept into the school?"

"Ah," I laughed. "Daft dog."

Basil whimpered but sat on down. Finally the bel chimed out. Laughing, Iris, Dahlia and me went into the room again. The teacher were laughing on her own. "Ay, it's you lot. How come it's always Daisy and you lot that are all distracted all the time?"

We all had a giggle, but not Maria. Of course!

***

It were post school. Iris and I were going back to Port house, I having Basil's collar firmly. Miss Barns let her stop in school for the day. The retriever had an eye on us three all the day as if she knew Maria was up to no good per usual.

"Really I don't believe that Hen did let her inside!" Giggled Iris next to me. "Though she were proper well mannered."

"I tell you," said Dahlia who had walked over to us. "You est be grateful you haven't got Maria in your gaff."

"What reason, mate?"  senesed all the colour leave me face. "She does not threat you or hurt you?"

"She said she would murder us lot and also brings Solstice right in it," said Dahlia letting out a sigh.

During that time, Solstice went up to us. "Eye up, Lasses!"

She seemed quite mardy. "I'm proper fuming at what Maria's got me in."

"No blame from us to you," said Iris. "You should not be mates with her! She is a bitch who deserves no friends at all!"

"She is alright," said Iris. "But she was shot by Natalie Bailey in the night! Though we had heard from her at the lunch time! Did we not, girls?"

Dahlia gave her head a bob. "She will be coming back here later tonight. I know I am happy to hear that. And Iris and Bella are as well!"

"Dead good!" Solstice sighed "See all you back in Port. Maria wishes me to go back to the shop with her. Ugh."

"Grate luck!" I spoke. "Also, don't stress. We know that you do not mean for it!"

Ta, girls! Cheers!" Solstice held a small smile.

Soon after, she went away. Then us lot continued to our houses after a long day.

——————————

A/N: Here's the 80th chapter. Cool! Also thanks for almost 1k votes as well as over 1k reads! It does mean so much to me! And I do hope you've been liking it this far!

Kitten out!