Chapter 38. Indeed me do

Iris's POV:

Basil gave me a lick to say thanks! I stroked the large pup and grinned.

"She would be a good pet at Auroran River," I said. "Like for those who find them self in a bind."

"Like an emotional support animal?" Bella said during her meal.

"Yes," I said. "That's what I meant to say. She could do good in that role. Just s theee amount of attention and love she gives."

"Quite so," said Bella. "Basil loves both of us. The nurse has even admitted she is rather not needed here."

Basil perked up her ears. She turned towards me and nudged my hand.

"Pardon me, girl?" I looked to her direction. "Pray, what's your want?"

Bella chuckled.

"Pardon me?" I felt rather baffled.

"She wants yet another cuddle," said Bella.

Basil nestled into me. I hugged her with my arms. She wagged her tail, gently brushing against my arm. It felt rather nice indeed!

"Is this better, innit?" I asked the dog.

Basil yapped and playfully brushed me with her tail. We all went in laughter. Basil did indeed sound funny.

"You should witness her smile," said Bella. "It's so lovely."

"I can only imagine, with being sightless," I said grinning. "She sounds happy. Wagging her tail and barking."

"Quite so," said Bella. "She is happy by our being here."

I grinned. "It's a pity we can't bring her back to our home or to school. It would be of great help to those with special needs."

"She doesn't wish to be in the hospital," said Bella. "I believe she fancies your dad. That's rather great."

Dad strolled over and took Basil off my lap. The canine barked.

"I feel she has not want to be parted from me, dad," I chuckled.

"Yes," said Bella. "I believe she was quite good with Iris."

Dad chuckled. "God bless her. She adores you both."

The three of us giggled.

Three hours later, I had returned to school. Daisy held me. "Ira, why did you not inform me about today?"

"I did not wish to alarm you," I said.

"Good thing Anastasia came upon you," said Daisy.

"Did you ever wonder my location?" I asked seeming baffled.

"Yes," said Daisy. "I came to ask if you wished to have a practice session for today's piece. however with Bella on your mind, I didn't want to bother you.

"You're awfully kind," I said. "i don't fancy it much."

"That's alright," said Daisy. "We've got until the following Monday to do so. How's Bella doing? She has a pet dog now, right?"

"Nope," I said. "The canine is rather weird."

"Weird?" Daisy gazed at me. "As in way?"

"No," I exhaled and laid down. "She was left in the carpark. She was going in the bins, pity! She's rather petite."

"Oh," said Daisy. "She sounds like a great canine."

"I believe she is. She's helping round in the wards," I said. "The most charming canine in the UK."

Daisy appeared to be interested.

***

A/N:

Sorry for the short of the chapter. I wanted to complete it before sleeping. :)

Here you have it!

💙💜

How did you enjoy it and what was the reason?