Might we to adopt her?

Arabella's POV:

Seeing basil as she snuggled in to Iris, I couldn't help bu Feel a feeling of joy knowing that Iris had love for animals. The younger girl erupted in laughter as she got showered with kisses from Basil.

"Hello, girl," she said. "That's cute."

I grinned. "She adores you, Ira."

"Does she fancy you?" Iris smiled in return.

I felt bad that she could not see my grin. It must be awful to be completely sightless. "Indeed."

Basil gazed up at the two of us. She was giving me the look that clearly said Stroke me, too. I extended my own hand and she rubbed against it.

"Must I return, dad?" Iris sounded scared..

"Yes," said Noah. "But you shall return tomorrow."

"But I don't wish to return, dad," said Iris.

Basil could sense that she was upset as she turned and nuzzled her. Iris held the dog. I sensed tears welling up in my eyes. Oh pray tell, why am I weeping right now?

"Bella, darling?" Asked Noah. "What's the matter?"

"I'm uncertain," I said.

I got the Mc Donalds bad and smiled. "Ira, kindly try some chicken nuggets. We simply can't give Basil any!"

"Very well," said  Iris.

I grinned. "How much? I've got twenty here."

"Ah ... ten?" Iris sounded uncertain. "Kindly," she added.

"Very well," I said. "Might you want any Chips?"

"Polite as ever, but no thanks." Said Iris.

"Very well," I said.

I began to devide the chicken nuggets in the box and the bag. I chuckled while Basil started whimpering.

"Sorry, girl," said Iris. "This is not meant for you."

"She's charming," I said. "It's a pity we can't take her in."

"May we consider adopting her?" Iris asked.

"I haven't a clue," said Noah.

I passed the box to Iris. "I placed yours in the box, darling," I said.

"Alright," said Iris.

Basil gave me a gentle nudge. "What is it, dog?"

Basil gazed upon my chicken nuggets.

"Shame, girl!" I scolded her.

The tiny whine was simply cute. But I shan't give in. "You shall not have your way," I said.

Iris agreed, hiding her meal. The canine seemed quite upset. Noah smirked.

"Pray," we said. "Might we ask about adopting her?"

Noah chuckled. "You ladies."

"Pray," we said.

Noah grinned. "Time will tell."

I started eating my food. As did Iris.

"I shall return. But I don't want to return," said Iris.

"I get the reason behind your feelings," I said. "The happening of yesterday and today doesn't help the matter at hand."

"Indeed," said Noah. "However Anastasia and Elvira are on duty today. They get what's happening there."

Iris let out a sigh, picking at her food.

"I can't confront everyone after it," she said. "And not Daisy."

"Pray should I message her?" I asked. "Just to make sure she's fine."

Iris nodded. I got my mobile and sent a text to Daisy. Iris exhaled deeply and finished her chicken nuggets. Her head posture was down. Poor lass. I wished I was healed. However my ribcage remains broken.

"Bloody hell, no lass," said Iris all of a sudden.

Basil wagged her tail, looking nervous as I caught sight clasped between her jaws. We went into fits of giggles.

"Bad girl," I scolded the dog while giggling.

Noah smiled. "Only allow her to have that one."

"Very well," we said.

The Pup appeared pleased. That was rather nice.

***

A/N:

Sorry for this short chapter. I'm exhausted.

How did you enjoy this chapter? And how charming are Irabella and Basil together?