Chapter 44. Bella's proper breakdown

Iris's POV:

Elvira guided us back to the house after thirty minutes. However I couldn't help but sense that Bella was badly impacted by her words.

When we arrived in our room, Bella landed onto her bed. I looked at her, hesatent.

"Why?" Bella murmured. "Why the hell would she do this? And to me no less?"

I heard sobs. I was able to feel my way to her. "Darling? What's troubling you?"

Bella failed to respond for a few moments. I laid beside her. I wrapped my arms round her very slender figure and drew her close to me. I was not caring to her not wanting company in that moment. She grew at ease, still trembling. I awaited her want to talk.

"Was it truth?" I asked. "You, falling to madness during the time?"

"Yes!" Bella gazed at me. "Every thing. However I did not wish to slay this person, with their bullying towards me. Eira despised me there after. So, it happened to be her daughter."

I allowed her to lay her head upon me. "Oh darling. I sorry! If dad had been able to take you under his wing, that would never have happened. He would have had you within a good haven and let you hit items."

"I despise myself because of it," wept my shattered girlfriend. "Eira harmed me for it. I had no want to tell Noah. Not while she still had Dove."

"Did Dove notice the abuse?" I took off Bella's fogged up glasses.

"No," wept Bella. "She was sent to the home of Eira's sibling."

"Mr and Mrs Tyler has not only harmed their daughter," I said. "But when Cola wasn't paying mind, they would enter and say cruel words to me. About when I've tried many times to..." I could not continue.

"Take your life?" Bella wondered.

I nodded. "It was not real. I was sent to a mental facility. I absolutely hated it."

Bella glanced at me. "That must have been shit."

I nodded. "I entered for a while, where my dad was working and entry to my home was banned. During the time of my stay, my dad was only granted to visit me for the time I was there in that hell."

"We were both suffering greatly," wept Bella.

"You had it worse than I, dear!" I said. "You likely got greater amounts of verbal abuse than I."

"No, Ira," wept Bella. "I know, I lost my parents, but you lost you vision. Your world is now nothing more than taste, touch, sound and smell. That's awful to have only four senses and not five. You may have been put in the most likely the worst type of abuse and pain possible, and having a really abusive aunt who escaped from jail once. So out of both of us, you had it the woorst."

"Indeed," I said. "And I do wish I had vision."

"Pray tell, why?" Sniffed Bella.

"I would not of stayed at home for a reason," I said. "Auntie would have been jailed long ago too."

Bella became silent. Then she hugged me tight! I didn't mind.

"Can you remember when you had vision?" Bella asked.

"Well," I sighed. "I remember some colours. But, I do not remember what people, animals and objects looked like. However I am grateful I managed to survive the disease. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have had these. And I wouldn't be here today."

"And we would have not met," stated Bella.

I grinned at her. I cleansed the glasses on my tshirt and returned them back to her. "Indeed!"

Bella replaced the glasses on her face. Then she ceased weeping. "Sorry, Ira. I am easily hurt by such matters. I say thanks to you for stopping the topic during our walk."

I clasped her hand and rubbed it. "No problem."

***

A/N:

Aw. Irabella.

I'd rather not say this, but when Bella states that Iris's world is only sound, smell, taste and touch. Can you guess whose universe I'm hinting to?