Chapter 75. Jess's phone call

Arabella's POV:

"Where is Ira?" Gracie seemed pallid. "You haven't informed me, Bel."

I sighed. "Well, Iris is confronting both our aunties."

Gracie gasped. "She's strong. I attempted. But it didn't work."

"It was not at all your fault the awful day," I said. "Nor was it Iris's. It was that Bitch you got as an Auntie."

Gracie sighed and nodded. "Where may Basil be?"

"At Iris's side," I grinned. "Why you ask?"

"Just," Gracie said with a sigh of relief. "Bless the lord you got her."

"Sure," I said. "It was as though it was meant to happen. It's as though some higher power guided her to us."

"Perhaps," replied Gracie with a smile.

The door opened on Gracie's side and Isla entered the room. She seemed troubled. "Ah, hello, Bella darling. I assume Iris is alright?"

"Had Noah informed you?" I was rather gobsmacked.

"Course I did!" Isla nodded. "Had to let Gracie know. Right, Love?"

"She did," sighed Gracie.

"Ah, you know." Isla wrapped her arms round her cousin. "Iris is completely Fine. Dad returned to make sure of it. And to see she was returning."

Same on time, the door open and Iris enter. She seemed proud of herself. As she should be. "It's finished. They're gone."

"Come to me, Iris," I said.

Iris allowed the door close and come to me bed. "Pardon?"

"I've a surprise for you," I sighed. "Person was concerned."

"Hiya, Iris!" Gracie grinned.

Iris grinned. "Jess?" She asked.

"I did heard bout your tussle," said Gracie smiling a bit and giggling. "Brave girl you was."

"Oh, yes," said Iris. "I hope that will be the final time we have to deal with Natalie and Elena for some time."

"Cousin Isla is here too," sighed Gracie. "And why you call the Bitch by her name? When you did that?"

"Since earlier today course," said Iris.

"Alright, Iris Love," said Isla. "You was such fearless."

"Wad fed up with them," sighed Iris. "Have lost some friends and family because them. I'm relieved you are safe in France without this all, Jess. You would be perished if not. She did mentioned you before Basil did attacked."

"Ah," Isla sighed as a mobile rang out from somewhere. "It's likely your father, young ladies."

"Think so," said Iris. "He did mentioned intention to give you an update, Cousin Isla."

"Right o," said Isla. "Ta ta ladies. Catch you soon."

She then departed from Gracie's room. Gracie gazed to us. "So, you pretty much battled on the  behalf of us?"

Iris gave nod. "And everyone that's very important, as well! They got on Bella's nerves. Did they not?"

"They talked bout me folks," I could feel them tears coming. "It was nine years ago, Jess when yous Auntie wrecked my very life. And Iris's and yours on that exact same day. That's just awful."

"Ah, Bel," said Gracie as I completely fell apart. "Iris, would you mind giving your girlfriend a hug?"

Iris hugged me. "That was one of the reasons I was also cross with them!"

"I miss them," I cried. "A great deal."

"Our parents were friends with them," said Gracie trying not to cry. "I never had the chance to meet them but I'm certain they're watching over you and feeling happy that you've reached your 15th birthday, Bel. Even with the struggles of finding a good place to live where you'll feel secure. I'm grateful Dad had brought you to go live with them. Makes me happy."

"Likewise,"" said Iris as she gently took hold of a strand of my hair and twirled it around her fingers. "Cute. Christmas day felt like a gift you truly desired. Yes?"

"Indeed," I sniffed. "Most my previous fourteen birthdays and of Christmases as well."

"It would truly be my year able to meet you in person, Bella!" Gracie said. "And be reunited with my family once more. I've heard whispers Dad may have a secret scheme in the works for us."

I nodded. As did Iris. "It appears that we will be having a Mummy figure soon."

"Wait. Has he not asked it yet?" Questioned Gracie.

"Not yet," Me and Iris shook our heads as a no.

———————

A/N:

I give you the 75th chapter. See you in the next one.

And sorry for not updating this for a few days. But there is a reason for that. I'm not saying the reason though.

Kitty out!