Chapter three: Starting to settle in

Iris's POV:

I cannot believe it. My wish came true. I am actually sharing with Arabella. Well Bella. She hates her name. Like just hates it. Do not blame her though. Bella suites her well. 

Mom helped me unpack my stuff. I could feel that Bella was staring at me. I kept thinking about the sound in her half Italian Half British accent. Her Father Hugo was the Italian side of the family, and her mother was the British side. I hated myself for something. That something was me. My aunt was the cause of Bella's parent's death. When I found that out I was upset. If I was like that how would Bella be if I told her? Apparently, Bella has struggled a lot since that day. And she struggles with it all the time, according to my mum and dad. I felt sorry for her. Losing your parents would be very tough. Especially at only six years old. But around nine years ago, my twin sister, Gracie Jessamine Bailey, or Jess is what I call her. She and I were split up due to my aunt. I won't get into that story now. 

Bella walks over to me. "How are you?"

"Aunt hasn't stopped doing what she does." I replied. "I am happy to be here though."

Bella sighed and hugged me. I felt my stomach flip and my chest thump in my heart. No. It's too early for that. Mum came up behind me and hugged me. "It's ok. Just me." She said as I flinched, surprised by her.

"You scared me." I said, relaxing a little.

"Sorry." Mum replied.

I laughed then she did. "Are you okay though?" Mum asks.

"Yes. Well, apart from the Georgina thing and her being here. But all else is good. And I won't get into any fights, I don't think." I replied.

"Wait a moment, you know Georgina?" Bella asks, her tone surprised.

"Yes. Do you not remember? I went to Melody Pond." I said, nodding my head.

"Oh, right." Sighed Bella. "You know my memory problem."

"Hey, it's ok." I smile and giggle.

Mum looked to Bella and smiled. "You know, I think you're having a surprise during the weekend."

"Really?" Asked Bella. "I am?"

"Perhaps." Said mum. "Iris doesn't even know about it."

I smile. "That's right. Anyway, I guess that you have to leave now?"

"Oh, Winnifred is going to text you now." Bella says.

"How do you know that?" Mum asks. 

"She texted Iris." Bella replies.

Mum picks her phone up. "Oh, okay then. Anyway, I must leave now."

"I'll miss all of you. Except for Natalie though." I said as she hugged me.

"We will miss you too, you know." Said Mum. "But you know you'll be back home soon."

"Yes. I know." I sighed.

Mum then embraced Bella. "Take care of my daughter, Bella."

"You know I will." Giggled Bella.

"Goodbye, Mum." I said. "Give Mason and Sage my love. Also, tell Winnifred that she can call me at any time as long as it isn't late at night or I'm with the tutor."

"I will do that." Mum said, giving my shoulder a squeeze. "I love you,"

I smile. "I now. And I love you too."

Then he walked away. I sighed as I heard the door shut close. Then I went and played some music on my phone. Bella came and put her arms round my shoulder. "What are you listening to?"

"Six the musical." I replied. "Why do you want to know?"

"Oh, I love that musical." Bella stated.

I nod. "It is a great one. I mean I love all the songs. Don't you as well?"

"Yes." Bella said. "They are lovely."

Voiceover went off as a text came. It was from Nicola Tyler. I knew her as Cola. We were very close friends. She was actually the first friend I had. We were very close but then her parents made us not see each other much. 

N: Are you at Auroran River yet? Or no?

"Why does that name sound familiar?" I flinched. I guess Bella was looking at my phone or looking over my shoulder?

"Wait, you know Cola?" I ask.

"Yes. But not for a long time." Bella replied. "She got expelled my second week at the school. But they found out what the truth was."

"Oh really? So they were able to find out about who was to blame for my outburst of anger, hm?" I asked, smiling at the thought.

"So, it's true. You were the one that got knocked unconsious by her?" Bella asks.

"Yep. And I still got a bad scar from where she got me. But believe me, I do not blame her at all. She didn't mean to do it." I state.

"I know who it really was. I was able to put two together and figure it out." 

"Yes. This is the part when Georgina happens." I sigh. "She was bullying me because that's when I found out what I was and decided to, you know, come out. Also, I was very upset about something else, so...lots of things were going on for me at that moment."

"You know that you do not have to tell me this if you don't wish to." Bella stated, rubbing my shoulder. "Oh, a good thing. I finally got Georgina expelled. So she lost."

I tilted my head. "Why didn't you get along with her?" I ask.

***

Sorry, you have to find out in the next chapter. 

Anyway, how did you like this Chapter?