Chapter 65. The convo with Jess

Iris's POV:

Upon going downstairs, I could her the sound of her voice. Jess! She was talking with Win, Sage and Mason.

"Do you like Yours Christmas now?" Jess asked.

"We are," the lot said.

I turned toward Bella. "She sounds rather sedated." I said.

Bella softly clasped my hand. "Don't fret," she sighed. "It's probably nothing. Right?"

"Where be Bella and Iris?" questioned Jess.

"They on their way," said Winter. "Hold on."

"Jess?" I sighed.

"Hello, Iris!" Said Jess's voice. "Bella too!"

Bella guided me to the computer. "Hello, Gracie! How is you?"

"I'm alright," said Jess. "Are you two alright? I was very worried for you two."

"I only woke up a week or two ago?" I attempted to remember the exact moment I woke from the poisoned Coma. "Got me real drugged, jess. Right Bella?"

Bella nodded. "I wasn't present the entire time when she drugged Iris" she confessed. "But I saw what she did gave."

"Alcahol?" Jess sounded rather disgusted. "What other things have befallen you, Iris?"

"Prior to Bella in," I said. "She bound me to a chair and gave an injection. Though my phone rang."

"That be me," said Jess. "Nella had told be bout stuff afore that. I desired to make sure you were both fine. When Bella informed me bout the Bitch, I knew there would be some trouble."

"Sorry I didn't reply!" I felt bad."I'm feeling guilty."

"Do not be," said Jess. "You weren't able to help, Ira."

"I'm perfectly fine now," I said. "Just a tad rattled."

"And you, Bella?" Jess asked. "How're your injuries fairing now?"

"I'm healed," said Bella. "But the bullet would still remains. They were unable to remove it."

"It was supposed to be for me, Jess!" I said. "Bela took it instead. She has injures but still managed to get me to safety!"

"You pair are proper brave," said Jess. "But I'm scared, Ira."

"Why on earth?" I think I understood.

"I despise wearing jewellery," said Jess. "Since the day."

"I ain't blaming you," I said.

"Fortunately you don't have sight," said Jess. "You would have witnessed much more than what you heard. If you were not in the room, I would have perished. You saved me life, Iris. Thanks."

I grinned. "I long for you, Jess," I confessed. "But you're safe al least. So that's good."

"An you're as well," said Jess. "Them people are arrested."

"My auntie is not though," sighed Bella. "She's just carrying out some service duty thing. Don't know."

"You'll be able to get her arrested as well," said Jess. "In any case, let's steer away from the dark topics. How was your Christmas?"

Both of us nodded. "Good. Thank you for our gifts."

"You're so welcome," said Jess.. "I wasn't sure  your likes, Bell. I had t take a guess."

"It's fine," said Bella. "Thank you once more."

I grinned. "It would be lovely to see you once more, Jess."

"Likewise," said Jess. "It's getting chilly in France. You know I struggle with cold. I'll start getting nosebleeds."

"Well," said Bella. "Simply have a coat or the like."

"Yeah," said my twin. "But it was way more easier when I was there with Iris."

"Why? It's chilly here too." I said.

"Indeed," said Jess. "I should depart. Cousin Isla is asking for  me. Farewell!"

"Goodbye," said Each person.

"Happy Christmas, Jess." I said. "Free to call me or Bel anytime."

"Of course," said Jess. "Say my farewell to dad."

She then fell silent. I was able to log out of skype for Dad and exhaled. Bella noticed and gave a hug. "I did say she wouldn't be upset. She's understanding. Yes."

I simply nodded. I ought to inform Bella what occurred that day.

***

A/N:

Chapter 65 is here.

See you later in Chapter 66!