Chapter 68. That song and feelings.

Arabella's POV:

"Indeed," said Noah. "Natalie fastened Gracie to my bed using a leash attached to her choker."

I gasped. "Poor soul. Was Iris present?"

"Iris was present," said Noah. "I'm grateful she is sightless, as seeing Gracie being strangled would have been even more awful for her then just hearing it."

"I believe she wished to tell me about it before," I felt truly sad for my girlfriend and Jess. "What a pity Jess."

"I'm certain she'll reveal all when she's ready," said Noah. "It's rather challenging for her to discuss."

"I understand," I breathed. "When had it occurred?"

Noah gazed at me. "It was exactly the same day as your most dreadful day ever known."

"Wait? Am I not the only one that finds that month tough?" I was pleased to know I wasn't the only one struggling.

"Indeed," said Noah. "rest assures, dear! Anastasia and I have a plan for that duration. Iris may not approve, but it will ensure your safety and other's safety."

I nodded. "I will remain at home?"

Noah nodded. "Certainly, we shall inform Iris about it."

"I can't have her harmed," I said. "I'm quite harmful during."

"That is why she is remaining at school with Anastasia and Elvira." Noah embraced me.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness.

*** One hour later ***

I was back to Iris. She was squeezing Basil who was licking her. That lass was in apples and pears of laughter.

"The song is prepared," I said. "Just have to arrange the area so we can perform it for your dad, Iris."

"Jolly good!" Iris beamed. "You was long, Bel. Everything alright?"

I got the braille music sheet and the standard music sheet so Iris had the braille. "It's nothing, Ira. I assure you."

"Certain?" Iris seemed more troubled then earlier.

"Indeed," I said. "I simply needed to speak with your dad."

Very well," said Iris.

I glanced at her. She looked really worried. "Please come to me," I requested.

Basil stood and rubbed Iris who also stood. I chuckled as the animal allowed Iris to grab hold of her collar and guided her to me.

"Thank you, lovely," I giggled when Basil stopped at me feet.

"Huh?" Iris seemed confusion.

I wrapped my arms round her. "You need not fret. Everything's quite in order."

"It was simply  you was out for more then a few moments." Iris then sat down on me. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

She blushed crimson. I laughed. "You're not weighty, dear. Don't fret."

"Else was a I supposed to sat?" Iris giggled leaning on me.

Basil walked up to the door. Here ears raised. She could make out a sound. What though?

"Wherever is Bel and Iris?" Said a voice.

"Dahlia is in the house!" Iris said rising to her feet. "Daisy left just before you came!"

"Oh," I sighed.

Basil let out a bark. The door then swung open.

"Hello ladies," said Dahlia entering the room. "I wasn't aware I'd be staying with Elvira until yesterday. How are you pair today?"

"Jolly," I said.

"Very well," said Iris.

Dahlia grinned. "Most challenging term ever."

All us chuckled. I then took hold of the music sheets passing the Braille one to Iris. Iris stood and walked to Dahlia.

———————————

A/N:

PRESENTING CHAPTER 68. I was supposed to have this up last night GMT. But wasn't able to. Sorry.

Kitty out!