Chapter 41. The extended stroll.

Arabella's POV:

Iris was very silent for the day. Her silence was different.

"Is she alright?" I asked Daisy who joined us for midday meal.

"I haven't a clue," said Daisy. "She's been being oddly for last week and after she went to Mrs Lopez's office."

Iris began to breath quickly. She appeared rather pale.

"Darling?" I had my arm round her. "Compose yourself."

But Iris refused to compose herself. She didn't even go near her sandwich. There must be an issue.

"Ira," I said. "I'm going to carry your tray up and escort you outside, Alright?"

Iris nodded. I collected the tray and placed her plates upon my tray. I went to carry the trays to the counter  and thanked the staff.

"Is Iris unwell?" Asked our dinner lady.

I shook me head. "I haven't a clue what's going on. She's been acting that way for the last fortnight."

The dinner person looked me. "Simply take her for a stroll to refresh her mind."

"That's exactly what I have in mind," I  said..

"Are you feeling all right?" The dinner person asked. "I heard about what happen."

"I'm a tad bruised," I said. "However it's to be expected. I like your concern though."

"I must not let it slip," said the lady. "Yet you and Iris are truly my favourite pupils. You stay clear of causing any trouble."

I grinned hearing that. "See you in the evening."

She nodded and removed the trays. I headed back to the table where Daisy was holding Iris. Daisy gazed at me.

"Bella had returned," she told Iris.

I softly rubbed her shoulder. "Come along, dear," I said. "Let us go.."

Iris arose and clasped my hand. I gathered my bag and helped her with hers. Then we went.

Once we exited, I faced her and grasped both her hands.

"Ira," I said. "Tell me what is the issue. Don't you place trust in me?"

"I don't deserve this awful life," said Iris. "I'm not good for anyone."

"Cease such thoughts," I said while holding her. "Your family, your mates, myself. We see you as wanted."

"Not everybody thinks so," whimpered Iris.

"Lopez did something to you, did she not?" I got right angry. "What on earth did she do to you?" 

"I truly have no clue," sniffled Iris. "Simply got to me for acting like a crying baby due to your hospital stay."

"That's awful," I said. "So awful. One cannot help it, Ira. All the fucking shit you had to go through. No joking thing. You got every right to feel scared and upset."

"Well, apparently says that bitch," whimpered Iris. "I don't."

I hugged her tightly against me. It was hard not to press my lips against her. "Oh, darling."

Iris was with feelings and cried against me. I gently helped her, allowing her to release her tears.

"You've returned?"

I looked and saw Alice approaching us. She looked upset.

"Hey, Alice," I said.

"I saw the two of you go," said Alice. "Are matters alright?"

"Mrs Lopez did something to Iris," I sighed.

"Hm ... rather known," said Alice. "She got through Iris's records. Although she may say the idea of second chances, her hate for people who aren't straight is true. Take note of her wrist, it might offer a clue."

I raised Iris's pride band. I noticed a red mark round her wrist. I thought it was from her biting herself. But it seemed more worse than that.

"If you're not careful," said Alice. "You'll get it as well. See mine."

I gazed at her left and right arm. Awful marks. That's not good.

"Has anyone rung the police on her?"

"No," exhaled Alice.

"Ah," I said.

"I hate that fucking woman," snarled Iris.

"Compose yourself," said Alice. "It's alright.

"But it feels as though it's not," wept Iris.

We gazed at each other. Poor Iris!

***

A/N:

Here presents chapter 41. I do hope this chapter has met your liking!

In the upcoming chapter there will be some  bad thoughts, so remember the warning. Don't say I failed to warn you.