Chapter 43. A scheme

Arabella's POV:

Iris nestled in to my embrace. I embraced her, content she found peace in my hold. I had no judgment to her.

Later, we were taking the dog on a walk. I guided Iris round while Basil yapped, wagging her puppy tail. She was so very cute.

"Is everything alright now?" Elvira asked.

"We are making a scheme," I said. "Iris suffers at the hands of our head mistress, Elvira!"

"We are rather cross with her, as well!" Elvira said. "Anastasia and William have filled me in bout her."

"She holds a bad standing." Said Iris, sounding more cheerful.

She does," said Elvira. "The most of the kids she has bullied take their own lives due to the cruel actions that bitch choses to do to them."

We were surprised and gasped.

"I didn't," said Iris. "However I am aware of kids because Daisy and Dahlia informed me."

Basil became happy as we neared the field. Elvira got a ball and smiled. "Who wants to throw the ball for Basil?"

"I shall do it," said Iris releasing her grip on me.

Elvira placed the ball into Iris's hand. "Do you know how?"

Iris gave a nod. Then grinned at Basil. "Ready, dear?"

Basil yapped, wagging her tail, gazing at the ball. She gently bumped Iris's hand to inform her of her waiting.!

"Get it," said Iris flinging the ball a large distance.

Basil dashed away, her tail wagging. I could not hide a chuckle.

"What is so funny?" Iris questioned.

"Allow me to show with your hand," I murmured as I clasped her right hand. "Basil's tail was wagging in this manner."

I softly caused her hand to sway like Basil's tail. Iris began to chuckle. "How adorable!"

"Oh," I said as Basil came racing back. "Is it now my turn?"

I got the ball and grinned at the hound.

"Go," I said throwing the ball.

The dog returned to fetch the ball. I glanced at Elvira who grinned.

"You have not changed at all, Bella," she said. "Still that slender girl I remember you were."

"I do hide myself when that time arrives," I told. "I suppose I am unable to do so now. I am present. Hence I cannot simply flee and take shelter for the time. You are well aware of my awful nature."

Elvira nodded. "One can't help feeling that way, darling. Iris is the same."

"Sorry, come again?" Iris seemed surprised.

"You sprint and hide yourself for that time when you remember what happened to the two of you," said Elvira. "Not quite to the same extent. Yet the same."

"Indeed," said Iris. "I am aware of her state now. But the situation becomes rather soft for Bella since..."

"...Mum and dad are unable to return," I said, finishing her statement. "How mean can you be, Ira?"

"Not quite as harming," said Iris. "More along the lines of mood and such. I must admit that I used to be rather violent. Elvira even once got a few cuts from my actions."

"Not as awful as you," said Elvira. "You're so much more worse, Bella. I'm sorry for my bluntness, Bella. I'm aware of the last incident. Which I believe wasn't entirely your fault. However killing someone is simply not okay to do."

I glanced down. "Elvira. You haven't got a clue about what the bloody hell I was dealing with. So keep your mouth shut. I had me fair share of troubles. I ain't interested in talking on them. Eira's already given me enough punishment. I despise myself for it."

Iris placed her arm round me. "Me, now you." she said.

Tears were coming down my cheeks as she mentioned this. She hugged me and glanced to where Elvira was standing at. "Do you mind not speaking of such things, Elvira. "She is in a better place now. I know my father will do anything to make you feel good, darling." She gave me a kiss.

I flushed, wit the tears going down my face. "Adore you, Iris!" I sniffled.

Iris hugged me tightly. "I adore you, as well, Bella."

Elvira glanced at us. "You two the most adorable couple I've seen."

"Have you got a boyfriend or girlfriend this far?" Iris inquired.

"What's your sexuality, Elvira?" I sniffed glancing upward.

"Asexual," said Elvira. "Hence I lack a boy or a sweetheart."

"I believe Daisy is lesbian," I said. "She and Dahlia are romantically involved. She confided in me."

"Aw," said Iris. "It does indeed make sense."

"Daisy is a nice person," I said. "She's like everyone's friend."

Elvira nodded her head. She held the ball in her hand and threw it to Basil. "Sorry, Bella. I did not intent to mention it."

"Doesn't matter." I said.

I was indeed upset when she mentioned the incident of me murdering someone during my awful month. But let's not go into that matter.

***

I present chapter 43.