Chapter 14. That evening

Arabella's POV:

I felt rather jolly, singing with Iris. She had a truly good vocal when she sings. The sound of clapping echoing from the kitchen caused me to flush.

We stopped our drinks as it was almost dinner time. Iris looked in my direction. I couldn't resist blushing once more. I was like a flustered school girl. Oh, pardon me. I am. I went to grab the cups and return them to the kitchen area while Iris let out a little giggle.

"What's giggling about?" I faced her.

"Oh, a message from Winnifred, well Winter!" Iris sighed.

I was aware that she missed her siblings and parents. But not her aunt. I did not blame her. She seemed to be more at ease now that she had got out her clutches. Well, at least for a while

"I shall return," I stated as I turned towards the kitchen.

"Alright," said Iris sounding lost in thought.

I strolled out the sitting room and made my way to the wash. Anastasia was present, in some Paper work. She smiled at me. "You and Iris have great vocal talents. I can see you two forming a musical band."

I gave a smile back. "Indeed?"

Anastasia nodded. "Your accent really emerges while singing. The Italian part of your accent. And with Iris's French accent, that is truly a beautiful  together."

She smiled at me. "Iris is suffering severly from depression. Like extremely severely. Noah has informed me that she cuts!"

I gave a nod. "I must admit I am rather scared about it, Anastasia. I do not wish for her ... you know. I happened to witness someone do it. I don't wish for her to do the same."

Anastasia made for me to come towards her. I placed the cups to the side. After knowing the door was shut, she held me.

"I had a friend that did that, as well!" She washed away the tears that were going down my cheeks. "It was not a plesant situation. Noah has tried to help her come out of her shy state and tried to have Natalie arrested. However, that woman is truly wicked."

I nodded. "She is the one who did that to my parents."

Anastasia glanced in my direction. "I was known with them. Both you and Iris's mum's and dad's were always seen together. Certain folks believed your two mums were meant to be a couple and your two dads were meant to be a couple. However, Natalie decided to be a Bitch and spoil everything."

"Our parents were homosexual?" I asked. "He and Noah? She and Florence?"

Anastasia nodded. "That could possibly explain why you and Miss Bailey are also like that."

I smiled. "I dislike seeing someone such as her fall to the same trap that I was once to. It's rather bad for Iris!"

"I ask you to watch over her," stated Anastasia. "We had concerns about her staying here as she was very vonable when she can here in the summer months for the week thing. She rarely ever came outside the room, except for meals or the rare talk and walk offered by a student who was buddying her, Daisy did her on walks. I am confident that she will be fine. But please do remain watchful. Also. Do not place trust in Pipa."

I was baffled. "Why? What has she done?"

"On her first day," said Anastasia, looking cross on Iris's behalf. 
"Iris was rather distressed as the school bully, Marya caused her harm."

"How?" I felt raged. "Not remarking on her marks?"

"Yes," said Anastasia. "Plus she wore her pride bracelet and burst out in disney songs. Pipa literally shook her by force due to her distress from being harmed."

I was so angry My dear Iris.

***

A/N:

I'm not going into the specifics, but Iris is suffering terribly with depression in her current phase of life. She dislikes herself. She engages in these things as a means of seeking peace  However it makes the situation worse.

That is the summary of this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.