Chapter 58. Time Supper

Noah's POV:

"Yes," I said on the mobile while I was making grub for the five children. "When are you arriving with Daisy?"

"When you proper want me, Babe!" Said Anastasia's voice. "You alright? You sound proper stressed."

"It's just Winter," I sighed.

"Poor lass," said Anastasia. "I suppose you should cook now."

"I love you, Stasia," I said.

"Love you, Noah," said Anastasia. "See you and children later."

We then hung up. I sighed as I prepared the roast dinner. I could not help but fret about Winter. It was the eighteenth time during this term she has had this happen to her. It brought back memories of every time people used to do this to me during High school. Then I saw a text message go through. Bella texted when is Dinner? I pressed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Good evening?" Her half Italian voice picked up.

"Dinner'll be ready soon," I said. "Are you quite alright? I haven't seen any of you lot this evening."

"Indeed," said Bella. "Shall I inform them  that it'll be ready soon? Mason is quite famished."

"Indeed, dear, do oblige." I said.

"Very well," said the teenager. "We'll be down in a jiffy!"
Then she hung up. The feline entered and stared right at me.  I placed some food for the pretty cat on the ground and then put the food for the children on the table. I heard the sound of Basil's paws approaching the kitchen. She truly was a lovely canine. It was a pity she was deserted to survive on her own in the car park of Aurora River hospital. 

The dog entered the room, wagging her tail. She went to her usual spot by the table, which amused me. However she was given free rein to do the hell she pleased.

"That smells delightful!" Iris said.

"Ah, the smell is delightful," Bella agreed. "Oi, Ira, caution. Appears someone carelessly left their shoes in the centre."

"I'm so so sorry, Iris!" Said Sage. "I was rather in a hurry to reach your room!"

Count one of them to pull a stunt like that. I let the dining area and went over to find them.

Before long, we were all seated. Iris and Bella were quite adorable in each other's company. I couldn't help but notice the blonde girls pallor. I didn't want to interrupt her thoughts whatever they were. Yet she seemed lost in some time. So much so that she had completely forgotten about the delicious roast dinner in front of her.

"Bella, love," I said. "Are you not peckish?"

"I am indeed," said Bella.

Iris exhaled and tutted. "You had better come back to reality. Focus on the dinner. Otherwise."

Bella picked her knife and fork and began to eat. I prepared roast dinner for us and made fish and chips for Iris. Iris had only just recently started liking that kind of meal due to the school. Bella seemed to be enjoying it much. I then began eating my own meal, feeling pleased to be able to have a larger family. I believed that Harry would be pleased that I have taken Bella under my wing. I truly hoped the children would be supportive of Anastasia and my upcoming marriage in December. A beautiful time of year, I say. 

***

A/N:

Chapter 58 presented. I hope it was to you liking?