Chapter 36. Feeling greater.

Iris's POV:

It was nice having a good laugh once again. I had been hiding all of my stress for a while. But now that I was in the company of my beloved, I felt secure. Miss Lopez was quite a bitch. One could call her as a large bitch.

"Besides that," said Bella. "Is anything else on your nerves?"

I exhaled. "Well, I managed to do a great deal of work in the library. The instructors didn't mind my absence during Maths, Chorus and History. They kind of knew that something was amiss."

"How do you mean?" Bella held me to one side.

I made a guess it was because of her fractured ribs. "Allow me to disclose it started last night in Port," I said. "Daisy made an effort to  defend my honour. But Solstice and Marya teamed up against me, taking the micki because of my longing for you. They said things about my harming. I tried to resist resorting to my previous behaviour. Alas I yearned to free myself of that weight."

"You reckon eating yourself is the solution?" Bella inquired kissing my injured arm. "They seem like deep wounds, indeed."

"I apologise," I gasped. "I wasn't intending to do it."

"Iris," said Bella once more. "Listen carefully. I am not angered. If that is the method by which you deal with matters, then it's the method you use. You cannot help with those matters."

The machines started beeping. Am I why they're set off?

"What's the problem now, Miss Turner?" Inquired the nurse.

"Simply Iris in a state of distress."

"Darling, your heart rate is high," said the nurse. "Your pulse is as well!"

"That's the same thing, right?" I asked.

"And you're probably Iris," said the nurse.

I nodded. "Thank you kindly for taking care of her."

"Of course," said the nurse. "We have a canine on the ward."

"You do?" I inquired.

"Yes," said Bella. "They sometimes bring her to myself. I informed them of your like for dogs."

"Lesley," I said, remembering my canine.

"Very well." Chuckled Bella.

"Aw," I said. "May I have the idea of meeting her?"

"Certainly," said the nurse. "After I've taken care of your girlfriend."

I flushed. I guessed Bella did as her heart machine went haywire.

"What is the canine name?" I asked with interest.

"She doesn't truly have one." The Nurse was engaged in a operation with the machines. "But Bella's been calling her Basil."

"Pray tell, why?" I inquired.

"She's cute and petite," said Bella. "I believe she looks like my canine I used to have quite some time ago when I was younger. So I shall be calling her Basil from now on. And it's a cute name."

"Pray tell, what is her breed?" I asked.

"A petite young Golden retriever," said the nurse. "From what we gather, she's crossed with a German Shepherd. So she's a mix."

"Aww," I said. "She sounds lovely."

"She truly is," said Bella. "She's very fluffy too!"

There was the sound of paws.

"Speak of the fluffy creature," said the nurse. "She's here."

The pup was barking and scratching the door.

"Wait a moment, girl," said the nurse.

Bella grinned. "She was a stray?"

"Yes," said the Nurse. "The doctor found her going for food in the carpark rubbish bins. I feel her owner kicked her and left her. The other dog we had was gone to the adult hospital."

"Good day, Basil," said dad's voice. "Would you care to enter?"

"Mc Donalds," said Bella.

I caught a whiff of the Mc Donalds. I found it impossible to resist the sudden hunger that got me.

"Once more?" Asked the nurse grinning to Bella. "Very well, have the moment. How much time do you want Basil to be with you lot?"

"I must return by eight," I said. "I am uncertain of what the hour is in the current moment."

"You've got three hours," said Bella.

"That amount of time?" I asked.

"Very well," said the nurse.

Dad opened the door, cradling Basil in his hold. Along with Bella's food. He came, putting the feast upon Bella's table. Then he called us.

"I believe this canine fancies chicken," he chuckled. "May she be blessed."

"If I do not have much," said Bella. "She is welcome to have one."

Dad chuckled. He then gently clasped my hand. "Would you like to caress Basil, Iris?"

I nodded. Dad smiled and placed my hand at the dog's nose. Basil took a liking to me and nuzzled my hand. She was quite an cute little creature. She leapt into my lap, hugging into me. Bella and dad chuckled. As did the nurse.

"I shall leave you to your own devices." She said.

Then she exited the room. Basil nudged me lovingly.

***

A/N:

Oh. Basil! She is a blend of a Golden retriever and a German Shepherd. So she is a Golden Shepherd I guess. How I do wish I had my dog with me again. 

How did you enjoy this chapter?