Chapter 51: Christmas quest pt2

Arabella's POV:

When we arrived at McDonald's, Iris became happy. I couldn't help but hide my inner laughter. She was so adorable!

"What might you girls want?" Inquired Elvira. "Iris? Your normal order?"

Iris agreed. "And carrots, please."

"Indeed," said Elvira. "And what say you, Bel?"

I read the menu. There were many options to ponder. "Simply Veggie Dippers, kindly!" I made my choice.

"Are you certain?" Inquired Iris. "I mean, it isn't much."

"I don't feel peckish," I confessed. "Stronger in thirst."

"Bel," said Iris. "You barely ate last night. Are you alright?"

"It's of no importance," I said.

"She's allowed Veggie Dippers." Elvira already placed our food order. "Take Iris to the table over yonder," she said towards a table situated in the corner. "I shall join you."

I nodded and guided her to the table, placing her hand on the back. Iris took a seat and I settled beside her. Glancing at the table I felt upset. Iris sensed my distress and gently wrapped her arm around me. "Pray tell, what troubles you?"

"Not here," I hissed. "This isn't the right spot."

"You seem somewhat troubled," said Iris. "May I ask as to the cause? Is there any way I can help?"

"It's been ages since I  had McDonald's. The last time was before my parents passed away, you know," I confessed. "None of my other mates liked it. Whenever I'm around food that brings back memories of them, I ... I just can't seem to eat.

"I know," said Iris hugging me. "I did ponder whether going to this place was a okay or no idea."

"Ira," I said. "I adore McDonald's. I just think mum and dad should be here too."

"But they are," my girlfriend said. "Just in spirit. My cousin in law Alfanso was murdered by my Auntie which angered cousin Isla. It occurred right when she had to separate Jess from me and take her."

"You had a cousin in law named Alfanso?" I inquired.

Iris nodded. "He would engage in activities with me, Winter and Jess a lot. Often during those times Dad or Mum would in be a coma due to Auntie's abuse upon them due to their identities."

"French people?" I gazed to her. "I believe she's quite a monster. I must confess I find it rather satisfying she's confined."

"I feel the same way!" Iris said.

She grinned. "Have you ever noticed that dad and Anastasia talk often?"

"What do you mean?" I inquired. "As in Flurting?"

Iris nodded. "I noticed  they always talk with each other."

"When he brought me back," I said. "They indeed kissed."

"Pardon?" Iris asked. "A proper kiss or no?"

"Indeed a proper kiss," I said.

"Ah," said Iris. "I do hope she could become my stepmother. She would truly serve as a good okay for my late mother."

"Yes," I said. "I imagine that they will."

"She takes care of Dahlia," said Elvira who had went with the tray. "During the holidays, of course."

"Have you noticed Anastasia and dad flurting, Elvira?" Asked Iris.

"Yes," said Elvira. "I truly hope she becomes your mum figure, Iris. She cares a lot about you, honey."

"I once referred to her as mum," said Iris. "Do you recall, Bel?"

"Yes," I said. "That was a dreadful night for you."

"Here is your meal, girls," said Elvira placing the meal in front of us.

Iris grinned. But she stopped from touching it. She looked to me. "Partly mine, if you desire it."

"It is your meal," I stated. "I couldn't..."

"Yes, indeed you may," Iris said extending to me a portion of her chicken nuggets and fires. "There. Now we are on same."

"Oh, thank you, darling!" I hugged her and began tucking in.

It felt wonderful to share food with Iris. Her kindness was exactly what I needed in life. I was nice to have her in this life.

***

A/N:

Here's chapter 51. Hope you enjoyed it.