Chapter 57. Song idea part 2

Arabella's POV:

I observed Iris who was wearing a smile. The eldest Bailey child let out a sigh as she turned her head to me.

"Would you like to be in?" She asked. "I haven't asked you."

I drew her in. "I suppose I'm a member of the family, am I not?"

Iris nodded. "I didn't wish to make you."

"Quite right," I said. "But I do want to do it, Ira."

Iris leaned against me. I looked towards her and noticed something. Her eyes didn't move. But probably because they were artificial and didn't have muscles attached to it, meaning it wouldn't move like a natural eye.

"We've returned," Winter's voice said.

The door opened as she, Mason and Sage entered. Basil tried to enter as well! Adorable hound.

"Poor hound," I sighed rising. "Come on, Basil."

Basil went at me, wagging her tail. I resumed my seat next to Iris as the rest joined us. How ever Basil refused to sit. She somehow made her way to my bed and jumped up and settled down on it. What a daft hound she was.

"Daft dog," said Sage at her. "Could've been harmed."

"She not going to, baby," I said placing my arms round her. "She's perfectly secure up there."

Mason took my hand. He was cute. I wish he were my real brother. But I suppose having him as a future bro wouldn't be bad.

"Would you like to seat on my lap?" I asked him.

Mason nodded. He then crawled onto my lap and gazed at his sisters. I hugged him and grinned. "What might our plan be?"

Iris looked toward Sage and Winter. "We require suggestions."

"Dad's currently downstairs," said Winter. "So we are unable to have the normal piano part in it, Iris."

"We don't need to do it this year,," said Iris. "We must change it up a bit now."

"Why?" Sage was rather muddled.

"Because," said Iris. "Now that things are on the upswing for our family, we must do something for Dad and Anastasia."

"What about them others?" Sage boldly asked.

"I'm assisting," I told her. "Iris believes I ought to."

"And me, right?" Sage nestled up to me.

I grinned. "Sure. I adore all of you."

all them came and hugged me. Iris smiled at me. I couldn't hid a chuckle.

"You're both pretty," said Sage at us.

"Hey," said Iris, "You might come across your match at school."

"I don't think," said Sage sadly.

"I spoke with Nikki yesterday," said Winter.

"Who ... Nikki?" I felt so muddled.

"Cola, dear!" Iris heard the question. "Winter says her as Nikki. But Nicola will answer to both nicknames."

"Makes great sense," I said. "Have feelings for her, Winter?"

The eleven-year-old lass nodded. "We've met through Iris. I trust she's alright. Her folks have caused some more harm. Not only to her. But the dog was murdered by them."

"I'm sorry?" Iris looked upset. "They simply cannot lose Muffin. She is me favourite silly hound."

Basil whimpered when hearing that. We chuckled.

"Okay," scoffed Iris. "One of them silly hounds."

Mason were a bit fidgety. I held him. "What's the matter, Pal?"

"Ah want grub," said Mason.

"I'm certain your daddy'll be preparing meal," I said softly.

"I have a chocolate bar," said Iris. "In me rucksack probably."

"Right then," said Winter rising.

I saw as she walked to Iris's rucksack. I felt chuffed I were part of the Bailey family. Though not quite fully yet.

***

A/N:

Here's chapter 57.

I hope you enjoyed it. See thee later!