Chapter 29. Wonderful tidings.

Daisy's POV:

During the weekend, Anastasia allowed me to enter their room. They wanted me to keep a watchful eye on Iris. The younger girl was always glancing at her mobile device.

"Haven't got anything yet,"  she said in a sad tone. "I truly want her here, Dais. Truly I do."

I strolled over and hugged her. "Well, I have jolly news."

"Ah, has Dad informed you about Elvira getting the job?" Iris grinned. "She's starting her duties tomorrow. She happened to be one of Bella's closest friends. Bella shall indeed be happy to learn that Elvira has Pipa's position now."

I grinned. "They attended the same Orphan home and school. I did not attend a school. I got an education at home. It caught me by surprise when I arrived here in year Eight.""

"I'm sure it did," said Iris. "You do appear quite clever, Dais. You did well in Maths last Thursday. And in English as well. I'm terrible in Maths."

I was pleased that Iris couldn't see my face turning red. "My mum helped me. I enjoy reading and practical. But I detest Maths and writing."

"Who actually enjoys maths?" Iris smiled. "Only Solstice really.'

"You appeared to fancy the notion of Monday's timetable," I replied. "Do you enjoy theatre and drama?"

"Yes," said Iris. "All my finest subjects. Theatre, History, English, and music. Then Maths and Theology. Not my favourite subjects at all."

Then her mobile rang. I could see it displayed the name Winnifred. Iris picked up the call. "Hello, little sister."

She placed it on loudspeaker.

"Hello, Iris," greeted Winnifred. "I've been informed of the event that happen last Thursday with Bella."

"Who informed you?" Iris sounded very surprised.

"Elvira did," said Winnifred. "I was simply phoning to make sure you were okay. Elvira was greatly upset upon learning of that."

"I do miss you, Wins." Iris sighed. "You do sound rather tired. Did you not have a restful slumber?"

Winnifred became silent. "No," she said after a few moments. "Did dad inform you about the harm she caused me?"

"Nope?" Iris looked cross. "Why?"

"Not sure," said her younger sister. "It's jolly news to hear about Elvira though. She has been longing for a job for quite some time. Not just her riding instructor job."

"Her sister is with me," said Iris. "You know how Elvira used to burst into tears all the time, saying how she longed for her."

"Oh really?" Winnifred sounded surprised.

Iris smiled. "It appears that Daisy attends Auroran River. I imagine Elvira will be real happy to reunite with her after such a long time away."

"Elvira is with me," said Winnifred. "She wants to chat with you, as well, Ira."

"Pass her along," said Iris.

"Until next week,," said Winnifred.

"And you too, darling," said Iris.

The mobile was handed over to someone else. "Iris!" Her voice rang out. "Are you quite alright?"

"Hello, Elvira," said Iris. "I'm feeling somewhat scared. But I suppose news is never jolly news."

"You mentioned you found my younger sister," said Elvira.

"Yes," replied Iris. "Would you like to have a talk with her? She's now in the room with me. Taking care of me while Bella's at hospital."

"Hello, Elvira," I said.

"Daisy?" Elvira said with surprise. "Is it truly you?"

"Yes," I said. "I am very pleased you got the job."

"I feel the same," stated Elvira. "How are things faring for you and Mum currently?"

"Mum really missed you," said Daisy. "We have several step siblings now. None of them harbour any kindness towards me. But that's indeed expected."

"My foster parents are happy to learn that I have the position as well!" Said Elvira. "They always leave due to their job. I always take care of the Bailey children. That's how I know Iris."

"You're a good caregiver," uttered Iris. "But as you're heading to Auroran River, who else shall tend to their needs?"

"I shall take care of you all over the holidays, despite it Iris," said Elvira. "You dad pays me greatly. Far more than my regular job. And with Uni as well, my money situations are less than favourable."

"Oh, Elvira," I said and sighed. "You don't seem blessed with a just life."

"No, little sister." Elvira sighed. "But let's see if this job shall give me some money. I intend to relocate from my current foster caretaker's home in the near future. Noah has found a house for me. Yet I am unable to make payment at this time. Not even for rent."

"The damn government is raising prices to the skies," said Iris. "It is unjust for College students. Let alone for disabled people. It isn't right."

"You have been doing your research quite well, Iris," chuckled Elvira. "You have changed much since I began lending my help when you were eight."

I felt happy that i could hear my sister's voice again. But I cannot help but ponder how the reuniting will unfold tomorrow post our school day?

***

A/N:

I wished to insert that prior to the next few chapters. 💙

How did you enjoy this chapter?